ADVERTISEMENT

OB's August State of the Union: (Latest on Texas Baseball NIL Fundraising)

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
I told you guys last month that my plan was to check in once per month to touch base on a number of different issues related to the site and message board in the name of having constant open conversations about important matters. Today is my first follow-up on that pledge.

1. Daly and Black's Texas Baseball NIL Fundraising Update

When we made the Daly and Black Partnership Introduction post less than two weeks ago, we mentioned that there would be a week of silent auctions every three months or so, with the goal being to raise at least $100.000 in NIL money that would be dedicated to Texas Baseball.

The details are now set... Monday, August 19th-Friday, August 23rd. On each of those days we'll have 24-hour auction periods on at least 5 different auction items per day. Again all money (minus occasional item costs) will 100% be donated to Texas Baseball's NIL fund.

This NIL fundraising drive is being brought to you by Daly and Black and all of the payments and transfer of money to Texas Baseball's NIL will go through them. Orangebloods is merely serving as the platform for their passionate work.

WHAT WE NEED FROM THE ORANGEBLOODS FAMILY!!!!!

Sorry about the all caps/shouting, but we're looking for donation items for the week of auctions. If you have items that you'd like to donate for the cause, send me a PM or an email at gkketch@gmail.com

2. Football season is here!

If you have any friends who aren't on Orangebloods, but might enjoy it if they ever were to join, let them know about our 60-day free trial for all new subscribers.

3. Cracking down on politics

Folks, we're within 100 days of the presidential election. I just want to remind everyone that political posts are against the rules of the 40 Acres message board.

That's the rule.

Please keep the political commentary off of the Inside the 40 Acres message board. We either crack down on this now or it'll be out of control in a month or two. Please know that we will be giving out one-week suspensions for those that ignore these rules, especially those that are serious repeat offenders.

Trust me... no one wants your political hot takes any more than they want mine and we know no one wants mine.

4. Be kind

Let's keep the personal attacks off the board as well. No name calling. No attacking people for sport. I'm. going to try and get a stronger handle on this than we've probably allowed recently.

That's it for now...

gk

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News