ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official, Army-Navy gameday thread., GAME FINAL., ARMY WINS, 15-0 *****

mirvin

Alright, alright, alright. Get it on!
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2007
Austin, Tx
Well, the second saturday in December, can only mean one thing in CFB. It's Army-Navy week. Even in this shitty year, these two teams have survived to face each other in this historic rivalry. As it stands as of now, with last years Navy victory, the Middies lead at 61-52-7.

Army, the favorite in this contest, stands at 7-2, with the two losses coming against their toughest opponents, Cincinatti and Tulane. The margin of defeat in both games was by more than 14 points. It must be noted that BYU, had to cancel in their meeting with the Black Knights back in September. The same BYU team that dismantled Navy on opening week to the tune of 55-3 on a nationally televised Monday night game.

Navy, lists into the game this week with a dismal, 3-6 record, with defeats to the aforementioned BYU Cougs team, and also to service academy rival, Air Force, by a score of 40-7.

The lone common opponent that both teams faced this year was Tulane. Army got beat handily, 38-12. The game had Army try a desperation lateral on a kickoff return only to have Tulanes' coverage guy intercept the lateral and take it on in for the special teams TD. Navy, beat Tulane with a 24 pt come from behind effort, 27-24, off a dramatic game ending FG.

I am at work now, so i can't add much to this thread until i get back home tonight. I will add input tonight and tomorrow in keys for the game and what not.

Of interest to me in particular, since some of you know, i'm the biggest Air Force homie on here, .. my Fightin' Falcons already obliterated the Billy Goats back in our first game, 40-7. So, we're halfway to getting the CiC Trophy. Air Force will travel next week to visit Army at West Point in the final leg in the trifecta of the CiC chase. If Army wins vs Navy, then it's do or die next week for the trophy for either team. If Navy beats Army on Sat, there is potential for a three way tie, and Navy would get to keep the trophy in their possession if Army were to beat Air Force. So, as i said, i have a keen interest on what goes on this Saturday.

Also, this years matchup, will be a departure from the usual neutral grounds of Philadelphia. Due to CV19, Pennsylvannia had restrictions in place that predicated a venue change for the game. Army will now be hosting at their Michie Stadium in West Point, NY. It is of interest as well, that what i assume is the first time ever, .. the end zone on one end of the field at Michie Stadium, .. will have 'Navy' inked onto it. (Sacrilige!!!) HAHA!!!

Interesting article from CBSSN, on how both teams have had to cope with CV19 in the weeks ramping up to this meeting.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...y-depression-lockdowns-to-play-amid-covid-19/

I will add a few mentions of some OB'ers that are Army-Navy vets. I will add the full complement of them tonight when i get home.

Anyway, i thought i'd add one final touch to this rivalry, OB style. From, The Wings of Eagles, Take it away Mr. Wayne.

Go Air Force!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News