ADVERTISEMENT

***** Official, Army vs Navy game thread., Final in Double Overtime, .. Army Wins!!! 20-17*****

mirvin

Alright, alright, alright. Get it on!
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2007
Austin, Tx
Later on today, 10 December, at 1500, CBS will air the 123rd meeting between the U.S. Military Academy and the U.S. Naval Academy on the gridirion in the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia. The game will be held at Lincoln Financial Field, the home of the NFL Philly Eagles. It will be the 90th time the game has been held at Philadelphia.

I will say one thing. As a lifelong Cowboys fan, .. i hate the Eagles with the utmost vitriol along with their fan base, .. but i really love that stadium outlay. One of these years, ... i along with my brother, a naval veteran, will make the trek out there to Philly and witness the Army-Navy game spectacle and the pageantry associated with it. One day.

FjevxdeWIC8FqD1

Army and Navy come into this years game with sub standard records of 5-6 (Army), and 4-7 (Navy).

The betting line per CBS Sportsline sits at
  • Navy vs. Army spread: Midshipmen -2.5
  • Navy vs. Army over/under: 32.5 points
  • Navy vs. Army money line: Midshipmen -140, Black Knights +118

Recency in the series shows a tilt towards Army supremacy winning 4 of the last 6, however, in the last 10 meetings, Navy has the upper hand on 6 of those 10.

The last 10: Navy winning 6 Army winning 4

2012 Navy 17-13
2013 Navy 34-7
2014 Navy 17-10
2015 Navy 21-17
2016 Army 21-17
2017 Army 14-13
2018 Army 17-10
2019 Navy 31-7
2020 Army 15-0
2021 Navy 17-13

Games tend to be closer than not. Both teams play the same offensive philosophy as does Air Force. So, the reason for the close games, is quite simply, the same caliber of athlete on both teams at all positions and their respective position opponents. They face their teammates in practice which quite honestly are an exact match of their opponent they will face on Saturday. To put into context, these service academy teams have players like Chris Ogbonnaya, Rodrick Muckleroy on the team and not guys like VY or Ricky Williams. Once in a while an mercurial athlete like Malcolm Perry or Napoleon Kaufman appears on a roster, but that is rare. Quite simply, the Army-Navy game is a Bill Parcells wet dream. Good ol' fashioned football. A style of game i love and adore. It's how i grew up. Not in the video game world of todays 7 on 7 calculus based offensive game plans. Just line it up and push the opponent back, whether it be offensively or defensively.

Overall in the 123 meetings between the two, Navy enjoys a 62-53-7 series advantage over the Black Knights.

So, enjoy the game on Saturday, as i will morph this thread into the game day thread and i'll leave it up to you guys to contribute. I may be pre-occupied with a pre-planned family event, or i might be here instead. A bit of a family crisis has unfolded all the while in the last couple of days so i might be pre-occupied with that as a result.

I will put up some honorary tags to start off with, some of the more notable posters that served in the Army and Navy on here, and i'll get up later on this morning and continue to add on the rest of the guys i've got saved up in my list throughout the day.

As usual if you were Army or Navy ... or Marine for that matter, add in with the inter-service rivalry smack talk. Also, if you would, .. list your service branch along with your unit you served in and if possible, when was the first time you watched a game on TV or in person for that matter. Share your story. I love doing these threads but to be frank, ... i always wait every year till the very last minute to see if one of you guys would start this thread, and i sometimes find it a bit disappointing that one hasn't been started by one of you grunts or squiddies. There was a post one time that rang quite humorous. It said, .. "Leave it to an Air Force guy to start this thread." I'll just leave it at that.

This years legacy uniforms look like these:

Army, honoring their 1st Armored Division:

FjdxzHZXEAICBAf

Navy honoring their N.A.S.A alumnae:

FjAFrQOVQAAz0FP

When i get back to this thread later on today, ... as i said, i'll throw in all the 'tag mentions' of the rest of the people i have on my records, and add in some relevant stats and players to watch for in this game. Also, do a break down of the season that has been so disappointing for both squads.

Let's not forget that Army-Navy is not only for bragging rights between these two, but this game is part of the trifecta of games between them and my Air Force Fightin' Falcons for the coveted Commander-In-Chief Trophy, and for 2022 that will be forever be etched into the possession of my Fightin' Falcons.

The first two games were as followed
Air Force 13 Navy 10
Air Force 13 Army 7

The CiC tally as it stands today is:

Air Force 21
Navy 16
Army 9

EL OH ELLLLE .. i just had to throw that in.

Army guys:
@RUCKUS_BDC

@psychotiger

@GT69

@Airborne85

Navy guys/Some Marines:
@NavyLonghorn

@echeese

@HALOMAN

... and it's been awhile this guy has been on, ... welcome back my friend.

@andrewsrp

Even gonna get in @duqu and @A-10HORN in here as well to start things off. Haha!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News