ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread: Texas v. Okie Light

Why? It's true. Who can be dbu in this day and age? Everyone but clemson got lit up when playing elite offense. Well, even clemson slipped up and gave up 600 yards against south carolina. Truth is what it is. Dbs are good until they face these elite offenses, then they look average. Why would that eat at me? It's just how it is. I dont think I look like a fool, in fact i stand on firm ground here, and I have results to prove it:

These are all post bowl rankings
Michigan- #1 D in the country. Completely cratered when playing tosu and florida.
Miami #2- Got eaten alive by a power running wisconsin
Iowa #7- didnt really play any good offense but got overwhelmed by wisconsin
Bama was #10 and they gave up 34 and 44 in the playoffs giving up over 470 yards in each game
Georgia was #13 and got carved up by bama and texas
even lsu both last year and this year got their shit pushed in on defense multiple times.

Not sure what it means to be dbu these days, i dont think it has the juice it used to. It doesn't seem to mean much against the big time offenses.

All true, but how does that disprove my point? Sorry, what does this have to do with OU? I never mentioned them once. My comment is more about who can claim to be dbu in a day and age where we have these kind of offense? Even the vaunted defenses of the sec are going to get creamed by the new offensive powers in that conference. Games will start to look more like big 12 scores and people will love it.

But since you brought up OU- i am really looking forward to seeing how their improvement continues. It's pretty clear they are playing with a different speed, intensity and confidence than last year. This definitely is not last year's defense. On the other hand, Ou continues to roll on offense, and based on tx lack of experience and injuries, it'll be hard to keep OU under 40.

You're being obtuse and dense. Just stop. The point is that Texas has been labeled DBU for some time now. It is a reference to past great DB's, their performance and their accolades. You choose to post things here that you know will agitate Texas fans. It's very transparent. If you want to continue to enjoy your posting privileges here, I would strongly recommend that you stop with your BS. You're fooling no one. That kind of trash talk belongs on an 0U board, not a Longhorn board. This is not up for discussion.

Reactions: westx
But the media ie... Gameday brags, pretty much non-stop, about the great SEC secondaries. And when they're not talking about the SEC they're talking about Clemson. It's obvious they think only southern schools play pass defense. Wth? And I think the rest of the country is getting tired of hearing it. And you know what out here on the west coast WA has sent a lot of dbs to the NFL as many as any southern school. But you'll never hear gameday say it. And that's what it boils down to no objectivity whatsoever.

Well reputation is one thing, and reality is another. There is no such thing as DBU anymore, you aren’t DBU when you play against Lincoln Riley. You aren’t DBU when you’re playing against Tagovailoa or Trevor Lawrence. It’s against Kansas state or North Carolina. And even now there’s no dbu when these QBs at auburn and lsu start playing like they’re from the big 12. That’s all I mean. And those sec secondaries get burned by the elite offense of the current era.

You're being obtuse and dense. Just stop. The point is that Texas has been labeled DBU for some time now. It is a reference to past great DB's, their performance and their accolades. You choose to post things here that you know will agitate Texas fans. It's very transparent. If you want to continue to enjoy your posting privileges here, I would strongly recommend that you stop with your BS. You're fooling no one. That kind of trash talk belongs on an 0U board, not a Longhorn board. This is not up for discussion.

I understand that very well, I understand the nuances of obtaining a reputation by historical performance. My point is that is Not something that can any longer be sustained with the offenses of today.

I’m not trying to agitate anybody, this is not trash talk; I was noticing all this talk recently about all these fans from all these different schools who all think their school is DBU. And I am bringing up a point that nobody is DBU anymore. It’s a misnomer. I dont know why saying any of this should agitate you. It’s not directed at you. It’s the way things are with all these offenses. Am I wrong?? Show me how I’m wrong. I’m always open to seeing some data but the numbers support my stance on the trajectory of things

I understand that very well, I understand the nuances of obtaining a reputation by historical performance. My point is that is Not something that can any longer be sustained with the offenses of today.

I’m not trying to agitate anybody, this is not trash talk; I was noticing all this talk recently about all these fans from all these different schools who all think their school is DBU. And I am bringing up a point that nobody is DBU anymore. It’s a misnomer. I dont know why saying any of this should agitate you. It’s not directed at you. It’s the way things are with all these offenses. Am I wrong?? Show me how I’m wrong. I’m always open to seeing some data but the numbers support my stance on the trajectory of things

Take some time off from here. I asked you to let it drop.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal

The moniker DBU is claimed by multiple universities and based on a combination of awards and accolades earned by the DB's in their programs and the performance of those DB's in the NFL.

To say that DBU can no longer exist began how offenses have performed this year is ludicrous.

Of course, you and your buddy called the 2013 Big 12 Freshman of the Year pedestrian.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT