ADVERTISEMENT

**Official OU SUCKS vs Zona game thread**

Look I know they're our hatred rival. But in the second and third quarter he was on. I'm going to speak up for him because his entire ol punked out on him no wonder he threw so many pics.

Does OU know holding is illegal?
I have strong feelings about this topic. When Lincoln Riley was the coach they never got penalized more than 4x a game especially against us. In that crushing loss 2 years ago they only got penalized twice. The Big XII zebras always looked the way for Oklahoma.

So you know who supplied the refs? The SEC and they're sending a message to Bill Bedenbaugh. This ain't the Big XII and your ol is not going to get away with holding anymore. Oh and Lincoln Riley isn't going to get away holding either the Pac XII watched him closely and they started getting called for holding on a regular basis. And now they're in new conferences, somebody else's confidence. SC and Oklahoma will no longer be big fishes in a small pond they'll just be another team. But of course Texas will to.

Look I know they're our hatred rival. But in the second and third quarter he was on. I'm going to speak up for him because his entire ol punked out on him no wonder he threw so many pics.
His OL was much bettter than what Buechele, Ehlinger, Thompson and Card all had to endure.

The bettter team won
I'm going to have to disagree with that.

OU was a far superior team. But they had an insurmountable weak link. Their QB. He single handedly gave Zona the game on a silver platter.

I get it-- he's a freshman. But he's got a LONG way to go before he will be considered a serious threat at QB--- especially with the SEC pass rush looming in the horizon.

I'm going to have to disagree with that.

OU was a far superior team. But they had an insurmountable weak link. Their QB. He single handedly gave Zona the game on a silver platter.

I get it-- he's a freshman. But he's got a LONG way to go before he will be considered a serious threat at QB--- especially with the SEC pass rush looming in the horizon.
Correct. Arnold has a great arm but he needs to learn that he can't force throws.

Arnold showed flashes of brilliance, mixed in with some poor decisions that aren't totally unexpected from a freshman making his first start. If you want to hang the loss on one player, that would be wide receiver Jalil Farooq. His two fumbles in the red zone (including one that was returned for a touchdown) essentially resulted in a 28-point swing to Arizona.

One of the remarkable things about that game is that OU lost the turnover battle 6-1, yet still had a chance to win the game. Normally, a team would get blown out with that kind of ratio.

One of the remarkable things about that game is that OU lost the turnover battle 6-1, yet still had a chance to win the game. Normally, a team would get blown out with that kind of ratio.
Now that's a glass half full.

My prediction - Jackson Arnold will be OU's Garrett Gilbert.

OU fans should be more concerned with the fact they had a back averaging 9 yards a carry and only gave him the ball 14 times. If they are going to try and let Arnold throw the ball 45-50 times a game like they did last night then they’ll be lucky to win 6-7 games next year.

And miss me with the he’s just a freshman excuse. Show me one game where Quinn has turned the ball over 5 times. Give me the QB who holds the ball too long and takes sacks over the guy who consistently throws into double coverage and makes costly mistakes.

I wouldn’t describe it that way, but okay.

westx imo in the second and third quarter he played well. We wrote Oklahoma of this season and we lost. They didn't give up many yards and Arizona ran 88 yards on a fumble return. I'll defend him because of what his ol did before and during the game.

And for once an Oklahoma qb finally got a taste of what it's like to have 5 Derek Kerstetter's blocking for you. Sacks, holding penalties, personal fouls all in one game. Now they know.

Lastly we can't write off Jackson Arnold and Brent Venables this early. Their defense definitely improved this year.

Last edited:
it looked like Arnold took a liking to former Texas receiver Brennan. I can see many touchdowns coming in the future for those 2. What happened to our receiver Farooq? Talk about disappointing season

it looked like Arnold took a liking to former Texas receiver Brennan. I can see many touchdowns coming in the future for those 2. What happened to our receiver Farooq? Talk about disappointing season
All i can say is PLEASE Arnold keep throwing between the numbers lol. Game was moving way to fast for the kid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT