ADVERTISEMENT

Official USC-Texas awww hell thread.....

Let's do this against OU or TCU and then I will crack a smile. Sam rushed 17 times tonight but he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Shut down Sam and it's a closer game. The real test is coming.

Sam had some really nice throws. He kicked as tonight but yes the schedule gets tougher. It all depends on the effort.

Can’t help but think that it could have been even uglier if Boyd, Thompson, Jones come up with the INTs they were in position to get, only to have the balls go through their hands.

That said, the mobile qbs give Orlando problems. So I’m curious about his plan for TCU.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Still not impressed.....yes its a win....and a "win" is a "win" but the offensive play calling is.....well offensive. Also the DBs and Safeties getting beat repeatedly is disturbing....oh the run Defense played great but watching receivers being open on almost every play along with them coming down with every 50/50 ball is a bad sign in the pass happy BIGXII. Maybe im looking at it half empty and not half full.....still concerned though.

Signed
Debbie Downer

Still not impressed.....yes its a win....and a "win" is a "win" but the offensive play calling is.....well offensive. Also the DBs and Safeties getting beat repeatedly is disturbing....oh the run Defense played great but watching receivers being open on almost every play along with them coming down with every 50/50 ball is a bad sign in the pass happy BIGXII. Maybe im looking at it half empty and not half full.....still concerned though.

Signed
Debbie Downer

I don’t think anyone on here is saying “we’re back” but it was a good team win and maybe now the players have some confidence. It’s not going to happen overnight. Enjoy the W this amazing Sunday.

Reactions: horn wild
69773214.jpg

After watching the game late due to my son playing at the exact time. The keys for us looking good was 2 things. Number 1 was the defensive line. We put more pressure with four and five men instead of our normal 3 down linemen. PLEASE DON'T CHANGE TH. Number 2 was the QB play. Sam played better but still did a couple of things dumb. Taking a little long on some throws and that safety. If we in the end zone, think about the fake hand off with the dump down to the TE for a gain of 4 on first down but I'm not the coach. Everyone should feel great about the future because it looks promising. Young qb, young rb, young wr, young ol, young db. Just need some young DL and lb to step up.
Next year playoffs but this year could be if they play like Saturday night.

It was a much needed, marquee win. Texas is by no means "back", but it is very much a positive step in the right direction. What needs to happen is for Texas to continue this kind of play against TCU, KSU, OU, OSU, WVU, and Tech to get some consistent, positive mojo going!

Hook'em!

Do the coaches know that you are allowed to throw the ball to a Running Back.....just asking. Seems like swing passes and screens are not in the playbook. Just curious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT