OLs....This class

The Giant Baba

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2002
There is a moderate piece of me who wishes they would almost remove OLs from all class rankings. The reality is it is the hardest position to grade across the board. Take our class this year. Much like last year, Flood has targeted and taken the kids he projects as great contributors. He likes road graders. He knows the SEC and wants his type. Is it a coincidence you could argue in the last 2 classes, two 5.7, 3 star players like Goosby and Kibble look great and outplayed their 4 star classmates when they hit the 40? It is just really tough to score this position, and it can weigh on any class.

Personally I just look at the difference makers you see coming in in most other positions when looking at our group and throw blind faith into the OL. I just get nervous when we ignore grabbing a solid OL number in any year. Gotta feed the system, which we continue to do vs Herman.

Net net - we took a lot of 3 star "sleepers" early in the process. Also no question losing a player like we did this week hurts. That said, if we are going to lose somewhere, that is fine.

So I am clear, I am going to reserve judgement on this class until we get closer to the bell. I am NOT thrilled at the early results, especially with several Texas players, but before I over-react, I will waith to see this suggested flipfest and see the final chips. I believe we have a strategy, I am trying to let go of the question "How does a team going to the SEC, our resources, hot off a playoff appearance , a top 4 rank and a Blueblood QB in the wings for the next era lose our on so many?" (It creeps in my mind). That said, recruiting is where you finish, and Sark has taken this team MILES in a short time. He deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.