ADVERTISEMENT

Orangebloods' Careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a minister in Birmingham, AL after graduating from UT in '94 with a business degree and being in technology sales for 9 years in Atlanta, Austin and St. Louis. God definitely has a sense of humor!

Orthopedic surgeon - sports medicine - ranging from recreational athletes to professionals. Have worked on several Horns, as well as hall of famers from NBA, NFL, MLB. Really fun job if you are a sports fan.

I did some of my training in Salt Lake City, and I am surprised to see so many Horns on this site from there. When I was there it seemed like I was the only Horn in the whole city. One of the worst days of my life was when BYU kicked our ass in the mid 80s when I was living there. One of the best had to have been one of the 60 days a year I spent skiing at Snowbird.

CPA Partner in a downtown NYC accounting firm 3 blocks from the WTC site.
Co-owner of two New York restaurants.

and will be throwing a big party at Shorty's on 6th and 11th on Sept. 10th!!
This post was edited on 9/15 6:40 PM by Buddy4Bevoif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Originally posted by knightfd:

I graduated from UT law in 2003, and recently started at a mid-sized admiralty firm in Houston
And what a wonderful firm it is...

I'm also an attorney in Houston, working with a couple of Orangebloods who have already posted on this thread. I'll agree that the admiralty/maritime work ain't so bad.

Originally posted by Horn79:

Originally posted by knightfd:

I graduated from UT law in 2003, and recently started at a mid-sized admiralty firm in Houston

I also graduated from UT Law in 2003. I do employment law litigation at a Houston firm. But in two weeks I will be taking a one-year leave of absence to work for a federal district court judge (also in Houston).

jmrtexcol-

I'm not in H-Town. The market is really hot down there right now though. Headhunters can't fill the jobs fast enough with qualified applicants the last 6 months, but I'm happy where I'm at right now.

I deal mainly with selling plant capacity, hedging with dailies, fulfilling load serving contracts, providing gas nominations, securing transmission rights and arbing the bal day market.

Operations Management Consulting by day...too much time on planes
Partner in the Texas Music Roundup by night...not enought time in the bars
Spend lots of time helping out non-profits in Austin...

Originally posted by Texasgolong:
Inventor, orbiter-treadmill.com, other products
licensed, new ones close to release. Started with my knee injury
described on History pg of website. '75 UT grad - psychology.

Can you invent something like this please.

Moved this thread back to the forty.

Jason/Geoff, let's not let this thread slip off the board, wanna keep it on the Classics board when it starts slipping off the front page.
This post was edited on 8/23 3:47 PM by royalewithcheeseif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

almost 500? wow...since i've been a member here, i've never seen anything like it.

hook 'em

I'm a College Football Recruiting website lurker and part time poster.

In my spare time I sell Medical Devices for Surgery.

not cmkx i hope...

Originally posted by islndfvr:
CFO for several small publiclly traded companies in Las
Vegas and Los Angeles. Live in Las Vegas and spend a fair amount of
time commuting back and forth between LV and LA. Hope to move back to
Texas/Austin area in the next year or two.

I don't have the patience to read through the entire thread. Has President Bush posted yet?

I'm an attorney working in LA as a securities regulator. Looking at some point to find my way back to Texas as a Compliance Officer for an institutional firm...

All right, the length of this requires me to post on it.

Real Estate Broker/Owner, West Elm Properties.

journalism degree, UT '70.
worked at y'all's favorite newspaper for 16 years. now publisher and CEO
of newspaper in Madison, WI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT