ADVERTISEMENT

Orangebloods Staff Predictions

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Alex Dunlap (5-2)

The BYU win versus Tech was a great one for that program, but Tech was/is a beat-up, bad football team. Texas will out-talent BYU, even with a backup QB. I expect some tempo from the Texas offense in this one and some quick-hitters in the passing game to get Murphy comfortable and to stay ahead of the chains while the defense should bounce back after a rough night in Houston last week.

Texas 34 - BYU 21

Geoff Ketchum (6-1)

I'm not expecting a blowout, but I'm not expecting this to be a game in the final 5 minutes, either. Maalik Murphy has a solid day, Jonathon Brooks has a great day and the Texas defense completely suffocates Kedon Slovis.

Texas 27 - BYU 13

Anwar Richardson (5-2)

I thought Texas would roll over Houston and the game became an unexpected nail-biter. Sure, BYU is not a great team on paper, but it is hard for me to ignore a few facts about the Longhorns. Texas is giving up an average of 29 points during the past two games. Texas allowed 392 offensive yards against Houston and 486 yards against Oklahoma, an average of 439 yards in the past two games. In addition, the Longhorn defense is banged up.

Maybe Maalik Murphy plays a flawless game but I expect a few growing pains. Plus, BYU may throw something at Texas that Steve Sarkisian had not seen on film. It will not be pretty, but a win is a win.

Texas 24 - BYU 17

Jason Suchomel (5-2)

I’m not quite sure what to expect from Texas with Maalik Murphy leading the offense, but I do know that BYU is not a very good football team. The Longhorns are at home and have enough talent, even with a back-up quarterback, that they should win this one pretty easily.

Texas 31 – BYU 17

Quarter (3-3)

4a26b816acd15c89096602fa2f062136.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News