ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando...

That’s big. I suspect the WR coach will be terminated as well, at least he should be. I’m not as worried about Beck. He is the QB Coach and has recruited reasonably well. Herman is the OC.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I wish that stat guy Kyle would tell me how many 2 star players became 3, 3 stars became 4 and 4 stars became 5 after committing to Texas. I feel like they always get a bump when committing to Texas for some reason. Makes it seem like we recruit better than we do.

Not many Texas 4 stars becoming 5, or the 2020 class would be full of 5 stars.

It's natural for rankings to change, as more data comes in, including offers from Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, and yes, Texas.

That’s big. I suspect the WR coach will be terminated as well, at least he should be. I’m not as worried about Beck. He is the QB Coach and has recruited reasonably well. Herman is the OC.
My biggest issue with Beck as a QB coach
- Sam still doesn't look off receivers and he is a 3 year starter
- Sam never pump fakes throw off coverage (3yr starter)

The thing that bugged me this year about Sam was the read option. Seems like he didn’t want to run this year. I know he got hurt last year but if the end crashes he needs to keep the ball! I thought he did a better job of reading when playing Tech.

My biggest issue with Beck as a QB coach
- Sam still doesn't look off receivers and he is a 3 year starter
- Sam never pump fakes throw off coverage (3yr starter)
He definitely stares down his receivers and has a tendency to hold the ball for too long.

Tim Beck and Drew Mehringer are no longer with us

Per texassports.com (already has changes on it): I am assuming more changes will take place upon OC/DC hirings, so no reason to panic.

Beck: I think he was just demoted to QBs only for now, then possible something else after new OC gets hired. He is listed as QBs on texassports.com

Mehringer: No longer listed

Andre Coleman: Interim WR coach

Craig Naiver: Interim DC/Safeties

Warehime: still listed as special teams/tight ends

Todd Orlando/Corby Meekins no longer on coach roster

Glad to see all of the changes. However, Beck needs to be shown the door. He hasn't earned his job and should be off of the payroll and off campus.

Beck is the best recruiter on the staff. As long as he isn’t in charge of the offense I’m fine with him staying.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
That worries me as he didn't do good when he Head Coach at Rutgers ...Herman needs a Junk yard D Coach like Patterson with TCU or LSU D Coach, along them lines, TCU played some bad ass D against OU, ask Hurts,,,LOL
OU put up 536 yards against TCU, Patterson is fools gold year in and out and TCU is ok. St. Lite. He was good in a weak conference and played a good OOC team and had some success sneaking up on teams. Is TCU even bowl eligible.

OU put up 536 yards against TCU, Patterson is fools gold year in and out and TCU is ok. St. Lite. He was good in a weak conference and played a good OOC team and had some success sneaking up on teams. Is TCU even bowl eligible.

Gary Patterson has won a Big 12 Championship, is 11-6 in bowl games, and has finished the season ranked in the Top 10 3 times since joining the Big 12. He does all of that with inferior talent.

Teams that TCU has defeated in bowl games during Patterson's tenure:

Oregon
Stanford
Wisconsin
Boise State
Ole Miss

The point is what he does with lesser recruits. Screw the yards they almost beat yalls ass in Norman. Not too mention they held the offense to 28 points. Patterson is a hell of a defensive mind and imagine what he could do with some 4 and 5 star recruits. My guess is TCU would have more than 1 Big 12 championship.

The point is what he does with lesser recruits. Screw the yards they almost beat yalls ass in Norman. Not too mention they held the offense to 28 points. Patterson is a hell of a defensive mind and imagine what he could do with some 4 and 5 star recruits. My guess is TCU would have more than 1 Big 12 championship.
How many times have they beat OU since they’ve been in conference? What is their record? Are they bowl eligible? I’m glad he’s a great defensive mind, but his team is Ok. St. equivalent. That’s a fact. We’re not playing the what ifs here and just because he had had Texas’ number doesn’t mean TCU is a good team. I’m just waiting for one of you guys to claim that TCU is the best 5-7 team in the country =)roll

Last edited:
How many times have they beat OU since they’ve been in conference? What is their record? Are they bowl eligible? I’m glad he’s a great defensive mind, but his team is Ok. St. equivalent. That’s a fact. We’re not playing the what ifs here and just because he had had Texas’ number doesn’t mean TCU is a good team. I’m just waiting for one of you guys to claim that TCU is the best 5-7 team in the country =)roll
That only happens in Colly Station

That wasn’t the point. The point is what Patterson does with 2 and 3 star guys. The guy knows how to coach football and if he had a chance at a big time school I think he would make a hell of coach.

That wasn’t the point. The point is what Patterson does with 2 and 3 star guys. The guy knows how to coach football and if he had a chance at a big time school I think he would make a hell of coach.
I think you could say he’s a better coordinator than a head coach and probably a big reason he’s not at a big program. I know, I know, he loves TCU but really...

I think you could say he’s a better coordinator than a head coach and probably a big reason he’s not at a big program. I know, I know, he loves TCU but really...
I agree with that. He would make a hell of defensive coordinator somewhere but as we all know that will never happen.

Now you understand Patterson feels he can do it all right where he is.He could have left years ago,5-7 at Tcu he still keeps his job but at other schools likely to be fired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT