ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 3/31 is the last remaining day to change your current Advantage plan / Supplements can be changed each month, saved one client $1800 a yr.recently

Insurance Horn

Medicare Insurance Horn
Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Houston, TX
The govt. has a mulligan of sorts for Medicare Advantage plan users. If you don't like your current plan, Jan. 1 through March 31, the first three months is considered a TRIAL for the year. So you can STILL CHANGE plans if you choose to.

After 4/1, you are stuck with that plan through 12/31, unless you qualify for a "Special Needs" plan (think heart issues for example) or unless you take advantage of a 5 Star plan, like Kelsey Seybold or Cigna in the greater Houston area for 2023. 5 Star rated plans (the govts's report card) can enroll 12 months a year. Other areas MAY have their own 5 star plans.

For some reason, the govt. does not announce this 90 day trial each year. But if you are unhappy on your Advantage plan, you have one week left to change or hold on till 1/1/24.

Supplements. Can be rewritten 12 months a year! The 10/15 to 12/7 window in the fall is for drug card and Medicare Advantage plan changes. Supplements can be rewritten each month of the year, IF you can pass underwriting to move to a lower cost plan. Not nearly enough people try to rewrite their plans and many agents do not know how to do it, lack any followup committment to the client, etc.

I am approaching over 200 rewrites for my clients. I did my own plan first and am now on my 3rd supplement, at much lower rates than my same aged Medicare friends. I have a 12 question test that tells us if you will be accepted in most situations. Cancer in the last 3 years, AFIB, stents, serious breathing issues are No's. But many people with average health an none of the symptoms that scare insurance companies can pass, often while still on the phone from applying.

Have a good friend A.P. from N. Texas days, who could use the savings, and I rewrote hers two weeks ago. She was paying $321 a month, she passed underwriting and is now paying $172. New rates went into place in 3 weeks. That's right at $1800 savings a year.

How hard was it? Took 20 minutes to apply while on the phone with me. She had none of the issues the company feared, so they were happy to get a new client and she saved a bundle. It's crazy how few supplement users even try to rewrite their plan!! Got a supplement, let's talk. Too much to gain not to check it out.

Gary / 713-376-5608 / As an independent agent, I have written Texas Health insurance plans for the OB community and others since 2007, as a paid advertiser 8 or 9 of those years and have over 400 Medicare Supplement clients today / I am in the Houston area but write all 254 Texas counties and 4 other states / I do not charge a fee for my service / or you may email me ges01@comcast.net

Reactions: KMTXEX
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News