ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anyone ever order a Toyota (preferably a Tundra)?

juggernaut007

Gold Member
Dec 6, 2002
I’ll try to keep this short. After looking for a new Toyota Tundra with hard to find options, I built a Tundra on the Toyota website and ordered through a Sales Manager that I was referred to by a family member who is in the car business. I sent over my build and what I was looking to pay. After agreeing to some ballpark numbers, the truck was ordered in February. Today I was notified that the truck will be here at the end of June. However, it appears that there are about $4,000 worth of distributor installed options (basically a bunch of BS accessories) I did NOT order nor want. I am still waiting to hear from the Sales Manager, but I am being told that Gulf States Toyota (distributor in Texas) installs options and there is no getting around them. Is this true? Why wasn’t I informed of this before I ordered the truck? What’s the point of ordering a truck if you can’t get it the way you want it? Any experiences (buyers) or thoughts (car dealers) on this situation would be greatly appreciated!

FWIW - I ordered $4,500 worth of factory installed options. They are trying to add $3,700 worth of distributor installed options.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News