ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Austin

I was surprised when FB said he was drinking a beer with Big Jim.
Well, to clarify that old, my Daddy was a Sheriff in another county around there and knew him from way back and working together, and they talked quite often so I always talked to him every-time I went down and I drink Lone Star outa a cup, you know how it was back in them days, it was who ya knew not what ya had so you are right about the Coca Cola, but out in parking lot it was diff, I was there all thru 63-66, we shoulda shot Marvin before he left Houston..

Hook'em

I just have one question for the silver haired in here (translation: you old farts)---

Be honest---- raise your hand if you ever went to the Chicken Ranch...........

I know Nothing!

shultz%20hitlery_zpsvurwicao.png

Hook'em

Ok Clob...since you asked....but first......

SPOILER ALERT!!!
If you dont want your bubble burst about all those romantic stories you heard about the chicken Ranch just stop reading now.

I would not call the Chicken ranch seedy nor high class. It Was located in a pasture after all. Any story you heard about college girls was urban myth. I never saw any girl working there under 30. I wouldnt call any of them "slump busters" but no beauty queens either.You have to understand I was 19 to 21 ...You know how women look when you are that age. There was no upstairs.....no menu that I knew of...All money was discussed in the room with the girl. The two "bouncers" at the door just asked if you had a preferred girl....otherwise, you took who was there when they called your name. You could pass and wait....but I did say I was 19...I couldnt pass any better than Heard.....the girl gave you a more rigorous exam than any Doctor...If you couldnt ride the full 8 seconds you might be done right there. I was given the choice of straight up...half and half or 25$ for "around the world"...I never had that much money

I also never thought the Boys town places were all that seedy either.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I was given the choice of straight up...half and half or 25$ for "aroundthe world"...I never had that much money

There is so much awesomeness in that quote I don't even know where to start.

So lemme try and translate this here- "straight up" I assume is the normal, regular roll in the hay. Where you lose me is half and half. Was there a 2% and skim option as well? Metcalf, you ever hear of "half and half"? I'm guessing maybe that's a "blow and go" or a "chuck and duck". Could just be a pickle tickle.

Around the world I assume is anything goes. But $25 bucks back then, hell that was a couple days pay for you wasn't it?

I'm still dying over the half and half. Literally I'm passing myself with laughter!

Clob....it's like this.....have you ever wished you could go back in time to either do something that you didnt....say something that you wouldnt.....or just flat out go a different way than you did?..I was 19....in the lair of an older woman...one of us was more experienced than the other....I wish I had had the money...I didnt...for 50 years I have puzzled over that very thought.....Perhaps the mystery is the best thing.

Also...MM...I apoligise if I have over stepped proper decorum....

I just have one question for the silver haired in here (translation: you old farts)---

Be honest---- raise your hand if you ever went to the Chicken Ranch...........
Never went. One of the San Jac guys had a car(unusual) and took carloads every month or so. Occasional group rides to Boys town. Seemed wrong to pay in the hippy day

Marbl
Well, when you're down on your luck and you ain't got a buck
In London you're a goner
Even London Bridge has fallen down and moved to Arizona
Now I know why

And I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor
Is drier than than the Texas sand
You can put up your Dukes, and you can bet your boots
But I'm leavin' just as fast as I can

I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
The friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen

Well, it's cold over here, and I swear
I wish they'd turn the heat on
And where in the world is that English girl
I promised I would meet on the third floor

And of the whole damn lot, the only friend I've got
Is a smoke and a cheap guitar
My mind keeps roamin', my heart keeps longin'
To be home in a Texas bar

Well, I decided that I'd get my cowboy hat
And go down to Marble Arch Station
'Cause when a Texan fancies, he'll take his chances
Chances will be taken, that's for sure

And them Limey eyes, they were eyein' the prize
Some people call manly footwear
And they said you're from down South and when you open your mouth
You always seem to put your foot there

Good country music from Amarillo and AbiLene

Yee Haw!

Hook'em

Mobile Arc station, I believe (Arco station at 2222 & 71) - maybe not, but we used to ride motorcycles out 2222 in the early 70's & I always thought Gary was referring to that station for some reason; but the lyrics seem to have changed over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT