ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Can anyone recommend a Real Estate........

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
litigation attorney. Austin area is fine as long as they are nasty and not too liberal. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
litigation attorney. Austin area is fine as long as they are nasty and not too liberal. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Got a guy that his office is under 37 bridge, that's nasty and will ligate and he neither liberal or otherwise and will win ya case in 24 hrs for a 25 fiver and a bottle of wine and a Greyhound Bus round trip ticket to Austin to his Satellite office ....no credit cards or checks..also need the other Lawyer home address..His Bar Card has the CC Police address on it as he is tight with them, knows all the Judges and other Attorneys...only guy I know that's cheap...Litigation is just another word for money.. Good Luck on your endeavor....What you do ? Knock up someone 50 yrs ago and just found out?...LOL

Hook'em

Reactions: Belldozer1
Are you requiring him/her to accept BTC or gtfo? Or are you just HODLing with a death grip and paying in fiat? :)

Bell what's the gist of the complaint?

I ask because I know a couple of sharks but it depends on the scenario. And when I say sharks, I mean "I don't know how they fit those $10,000 custom suits over their dorsal fins" sharks.

Bell what's the gist of the complaint?

I ask because I know a couple of sharks but it depends on the scenario. And when I say sharks, I mean "I don't know how they fit those $10,000 custom suits over their dorsal fins" sharks.
I have some rental real estate that a county taxing agency called WORD is trying to unjustifiably (in my opinion) stick their hands into my profits. I believe they’re trying to adapt their antiquated language to be a cover-all envelope. If that makes sense.

I have some rental real estate that a county taxing agency called WORD is trying to unjustifiably (in my opinion) stick their hands into my profits. I believe they’re trying to adapt their antiquated language to be a cover-all envelope. If that makes sense.

Don't mess with them people! or you wind up killing them all! Don't take no shit from them

Hook'em

Last edited:
You
You know that I know most of the board members, right? Wolf, lindsay etc......I think I have an idea of what your problem is. You have river access?

You

You know that I know most of the board members, right? Wolf, lindsay etc......I think I have an idea of what your problem is. You have river access?
no I don't have river access and that's part of what I'm pissed about. Word was designed for outfitters, tube rentals, basically businesses that exploit the river.

Last edited:
I recommend Steve Taylor out of New Braunfels. Best real estate lawyer between Austin and SA. He's familiar with the issue you're describing. He's done great work for me and my rental properties. Just Google him and you'll find him. His office is on Comal St. The only knock on him is that he's a TCU undergrad but I think he went to UT Law.

Wish you the best

Reactions: Belldozer1
I recommend Steve Taylor out of New Braunfels. Best real estate lawyer between Austin and SA. He's familiar with the issue you're describing. He's done great work for me and my rental properties. Just Google him and you'll find him. His office is on Comal St. The only knock on him is that he's a TCU undergrad but I think he went to UT Law.

Wish you the best
Thanks.

Wish you the best
You beat me to it. That's one of my suggestions.

Anyone who owns rental property, vacation rentals etc or anyone considering getting into that should read the attached ruling from the Texas Supreme Court, regarding a home owner vs his HOA. Good read. While this ruling doesn’t specifically deal with my scenario, it makes some very distinct definitions of residences vs businesses etc etc.https://caselaw.findlaw.com/tx-supreme-court/1896622.html

Bell, if you haven't figured it out yet, those two Rivers generate a crap load of cash fro this county. Ever swinging d!ck that get appointed or elected to any board or office that can claim jurisdictions over those rivers, will have their hand out. It's truly disgusting. I love living in Gruene, but I can promise you that on no less than a half dozen occasions, I have personally been ready to throw hands with a$$clowns that think they control this area. Remember the 4B scooter store Tim Zipp incident? If you ever run into that clown Tim, ask him how he successfully escaped getting his head caved in at a public forum by clob. It involved him running for a back exit. I will say that once word got out (my brother married a girl from here who's family is a legacy) that I didn't give fvck about my assets because they were all locked up in trust, and I had zero problem with knocking someone smooth the fvck out that gave me any sh!t about my property (a story for a different day), I've lived a quiet and peaceful life.

Don't let these a$$holes get their hand in your pie. Once they do, they will find any excuse to keep carving a larger piece with each passing year.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Bell, if you haven't figured it out yet, those two Rivers generate a crap load of cash fro this county. Ever swinging d!ck that get appointed or elected to any board or office that can claim jurisdictions over those rivers, will have their hand out. It's truly disgusting. I love living in Gruene, but I can promise you that on no less than a half dozen occasions, I have personally been ready to throw hands with a$$clowns that think they control this area. Remember the 4B scooter store Tim Zipp incident? If you ever run into that clown Tim, ask him how he successfully escaped getting his head caved in at a public forum by clob. It involved him running for a back exit. I will say that once word got out (my brother married a girl from here who's family is a legacy) that I didn't give fvck about my assets because they were all locked up in trust, and I had zero problem with knocking someone smooth the fvck out that gave me any sh!t about my property (a story for a different day), I've lived a quiet and peaceful life.

Don't let these a$$holes get their hand in your pie. Once they do, they will find any excuse to keep carving a larger piece with each passing year.

They make it damn near impossible for small vacation rental operators in the city limits to sustain themselves. Just getting a permit for a VR in New Braunfels takes about 6-8 months just to get a hearing. With no assurance that all your time and effort will result in the granting of a permit. If one neighbor objects, you're screwed. I finally decided to acquire a couple properties just outside the city limits in commercially zoned areas along FM 1102 with zero restrictions. Life is much simpler now.

I can't stand those pricks who want to regulate and tax small time operators the same as if we were Marriott or Wyndham. In a sense, I think that's their end game. They want to discourage small private property owners who happen to live in the prime river areas because the lobbyists from the Marriotts and Wyndhams don't want any competition. What's worse is that the local leaders who put out these ridiculous rules are hurting the fellow citizens in favor of the larger internationally known hotel operators from out of town. Just a shame.

I don't know Tim Zipp but if I ever meet him, I'll go ahead and kick him in the balls.

They make it damn near impossible for small vacation rental operators in the city limits to sustain themselves. Just getting a permit for a VR in New Braunfels takes about 6-8 months just to get a hearing. With no assurance that all your time and effort will result in the granting of a permit. If one neighbor objects, you're screwed. I finally decided to acquire a couple properties just outside the city limits in commercially zoned areas along FM 1102 with zero restrictions. Life is much simpler now.

I can't stand those pricks who want to regulate and tax small time operators the same as if we were Marriott or Wyndham. In a sense, I think that's their end game. They want to discourage small private property owners who happen to live in the prime river areas because the lobbyists from the Marriotts and Wyndhams don't want any competition. What's worse is that the local leaders who put out these ridiculous rules are hurting the fellow citizens in favor of the larger internationally known hotel operators from out of town. Just a shame.

I don't know Tim Zipp but if I ever meet him, I'll go ahead and kick him in the balls.

WE will put his name in the book Dr!

Hook'em

Yeah my stuff is outside the city limits as well. I’ve been listening to what the SA city council has been voting on and it’s crazy regarding vr’s. I think they are trying to pass a bill allowing only one vr per block. Tim Zipp graduated 2 years ahead of me from NBHS in 1987 iirc.Havent had professional dealings with him.

In addition to the excessive taxes on vacation rental properties, the can ban is absolutely beyond ridiculous in New Braunfels. Also, the city charging $2 a head to float the Comal, with the money collected said to be used to "clean up the river", is BS. It is my understanding that virtually none of that money goes towards cleaning up the Comal.

You would have thought that the city would have learned from the last can ban, which was a disaster. It had a negative impact on summer tourism, tax revenue dropped and property tax appraisals were increased to make up for the tax deficit from people not coming to town and spending money with local business. Bunch of tree hugging liberals are trying Californiaize Texas. :mad:

In addition to the excessive taxes on vacation rental properties, the can ban is absolutely beyond ridiculous in New Braunfels. Also, the city charging $2 a head to float the Comal, with the money collected said to be used to "clean up the river", is BS. It is my understanding that virtually none of that money goes towards cleaning up the Comal.

You would have thought that the city would have learned from the last can ban, which was a disaster. It had a negative impact on summer tourism, tax revenue dropped and property tax appraisals were increased to make up for the tax deficit from people not coming to town and spending money with local business. Bunch of tree hugging liberals are trying Californiaize Texas. :mad:
I guarantee Rockin R in Gruene looks like a ghost town a lot of the time now. Between the repeated floods knocking down their facilities and the can ban, they're hurting Imo. I'd like to say I feel for them but anyone who knows Zero Rivers, knows it couldn't happen to a more deserving person, surpassed only by his son.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT