ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do the Rangers blow their 2-0 lead?

CoachEmUp64

Jan 15, 2015
I'm a huge Rangers fan... but holly crap! Toronto has the momentum, home field advantage (if there's even such a thing as that in baseball anymore), and they are pitching Stroman. We have Hammels on the mound so that's a plus because he didn't pitch that well in game one and hopefully he brings his good stuff tomorrow. Also I like the fact that we've already seen Stroman and hit him pretty well in game 1, but he wasn't throwing well either.

What are your predictions for who wins this game?
The homer in me says Rangers

Well, the Rangers expanded their payroll to get Cole Hamels. This is what you got him for - a decisive game. Either they made the right decision, or they wasted their money - we'll find out tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Well, the Rangers expanded their payroll to get Cole Hamels. This is what you got him for - a decisive game. Either they made the right decision, or they wasted their money - we'll find out tomorrow afternoon.

I think that's a bit of a reduction. They aren't in the playoffs without him. It's already proven to be the right decision.

I think that's a bit of a reduction. They aren't in the playoffs without him. It's already proven to be the right decision.
I agree and disagree. You are right, there was no margin for error, so the Rangers winning his last 10 starts (or whatever the stat is) is one of the primary reasons they are in this position. But if the ultimate goal is to win it all, and you get to handpick your ace for the penultimate game - let's see what you got Mr. Hamels. Nothing like weekday afternoon playoff baseball - go Rangers!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT