ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fishing

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
Got some Shiner and Summer Sausage for the boys and headed out this morning, Caught 4 Flounder, 3 Reds and 3 good size Red Snapper that got lost trying to find their drilling platform 30 miles out, it was a hot morning. Got to go and get both of my legs Rotor rooted Tuesday morn, be gonna a few days, its day Surgery , been having problems with them., Bubba ate all the Summer Sausage and Lap up a half cab of Shiner , listening to Johnny Bush all trip, I am just like MM, love my dogs, they are like kids to you.

MM , he got bigger since he was a Pup and will tear ya ass up if you command , he finally graduated from dog training., shoulda named him "Summer Sausage...LOL"

118652866-2795269714127679-7321197249346696225-n.jpg

Got some Shiner and Summer Sausage for the boys and headed out this morning, Caught 4 Flounder, 3 Reds and 3 good size Red Snapper that got lost trying to find their drilling platform 30 miles out, it was a hot morning. Got to go and get both of my legs Rotor rooted Tuesday morn, be gonna a few days, its day Surgery , been having problems with them., Bubba ate all the Summer Sausage and Lap up a half cab of Shiner , listening to Johnny Bush all trip, I am just like MM, love my dogs, they are like kids to you.

MM , he got bigger since he was a Pup and will tear ya ass up if you command , he finally graduated from dog training., shoulda named him "Summer Sausage...LOL"

118652866-2795269714127679-7321197249346696225-n.jpg
Johnny Bush and the Bandeleros

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Fishing question.............
We just dug a pond a little less than 3/4 of an acre and most of it is around 10ft deep. It's in east texas. Any stocking suggestions?

We just dug a pond a little less than 3/4 of an acre and most of it is around 10ft deep. It's in east texas. Any stocking suggestions?
You lined it with caliche or anything? Bass, catfish, bluegill. 3:1 prey to predator is what they always recommend

Last edited:

If you have a local Game Warden, he can get ya in touch with the Fishery's guy about stocking ya pond, these guys have so much info and tips they are a buncha good guys, they saved my cousin a lotta good tips...

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Catfish bass and sunfish. You'll have a high amount of predation because it's such a small pond. Don't forget to add some form of bait fish --- they multiply quickly, but you don't want your bass eating each other.

We cleared off our back two acres and dug the pond. It was supposed to be bigger but he ran into a lot of sand and water coming up. Spring right under the ground (putting well in soon!). He lined it with clay to keep it from draining and ran a compactor over it.
Thank you for all the tips! Not many fisheries near me but hopefully can get some hauled in without driving to get them. I've got the TV on the back porch set where I can fish and watch games!

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Not a fishing comment but a hunting one. Didn't feel like making another OT thread.

Made it a weekend at my buddies ranch just west of Blanco. Dove were on fire friday and sat, especially in the morning. Sunday was d-e-a-d for us but it just so happened that a small herd of blackbuck decided to visit the pond we were on.
No buckshot or rifles in the mule so use whatcha got, which happened to be a throw away ruger 9 in the console. Yep, proud to say I culled a doe around 35-40yds with a dirty ass ruger loaded with purple plinking rds.
Shiners, dove wraps, & shoulders on pit. Gotta love this time of year.

Not a fishing comment but a hunting one. Didn't feel like making another OT thread.

Made it a weekend at my buddies ranch just west of Blanco. Dove were on fire friday and sat, especially in the morning. Sunday was d-e-a-d for us but it just so happened that a small herd of blackbuck decided to visit the pond we were on.
No buckshot or rifles in the mule so use whatcha got, which happened to be a throw away ruger 9 in the console. Yep, proud to say I culled a doe around 35-40yds with a dirty ass ruger loaded with purple plinking rds.
Shiners, dove wraps, & shoulders on pit. Gotta love this time of year.
Did you dome him at 40 yards?

No......no sir I didn't pimple pop her nugget. It was a little high but still a double lung.

Don't make me admit that the laser battery was still working.
Still though, that's impressive-- and that's better than snaring rabbits and squirrels during SERE school. I don't think I've ever killed a cloven hooved animal with a 9mm.

Still though, that's impressive-- and that's better than snaring rabbits and squirrels during SERE school. I don't think I've ever killed a cloven hooved animal with a 9mm.
It was my 1st time as well.
Critter catching is fun, but learning about protein value in bugs sucked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT