ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Getting Old

FlourBluffHorn

Jan 5, 2007
34fk85u.jpg

I was just talking to some of the boys yesterday about this very subject. I dunked my last basketball the morning of my 35th birthday. The morning I turned 36, I couldn't get it down. That was demoralizing. I miss snow skiing and snow boarding. I've skied all over North America and even Europe twice. I did a helo-drop (heli-ski) in Banff in my late 20s...... Those days are over. My eyes are still very solid and I can get myself out of many a scrape, and have many times--- but I'm not game planning to engage in a 10 minute bar room brawl anymore. My hand speed is still top shelf and my upperbody quick twitch is still awesome. Lower body---- not so much. But the thing that I miss the MOST is being able to fvck women stupid. God I miss that. When you're done they say things that make zero sense, are cross eyed, can't breathe, sucking their thumb or almost catatonic.

Can't do it anymore. My hanging wet towel days are over. Time to get back on the HGH injections. My grandpa used to tell me "youth is wasted on th young". I used to think to myself " well fvck you, you old goat...".

He was right.

I was just talking to some of the boys yesterday about this very subject. I dunked my last basketball the morning of my 35th birthday. The morning I turned 36, I couldn't get it down. That was demoralizing. I miss snow skiing and snow boarding. I've skied all over North America and even Europe twice. I did a helo-drop (heli-ski) in Banff in my late 20s...... Those days are over. My eyes are still very solid and I can get myself out of many a scrape, and have many times--- but I'm not game planning to engage in a 10 minute bar room brawl anymore. My hand speed is still top shelf and my upperbody quick twitch is still awesome. Lower body---- not so much. But the thing that I miss the MOST is being able to fvck women stupid. God I miss that. When you're done they say things that make zero sense, are cross eyed, can't breathe, sucking their thumb or almost catatonic.

Can't do it anymore. My hanging wet towel days are over. Time to get back on the HGH injections. My grandpa used to tell me "youth is wasted on th young". I used to think to myself " well fvck you, you old goat...".

He was right.

Your In luck : The Dr is in"! My advice to you is,,,

Time for you to get ya a Lone Star small boat with a 5 HP motor and a rod and reel and some Shiner in the ice chest besides the Summer Sausage and Black skinned cheese with crackers and Louisianan hot sauce and 4 dozen minnows and a carton of worms and go have fun, when I fish by myself, I got my ear phones playing George Strait's Strait from the Heart and just fish, Don't matter if I catch anything, its just my time alone, makes me think about stuff and relaxes ya, don't knock it till ya try it

He was right.
40 year old man goes to the doctor. "Doctor, when I was a teenager, when I had an erection, it wouldn't budge. Not up or down, not side to side. Then I turned 30. Then I could budge it some up and down. Now, at 40, I can budge it a little from side to side. What I need to know is, how strong am I going to get?"

40 year old man goes to the doctor. "Doctor, when I was a teenager, when I had an erection, it wouldn't budge. Not up or down, not side to side. Then I turned 30. Then I could budge it some up and down. Now, at 40, I can budge it a little from side to side. What I need to know is, how strong am I going to get?"
What's tragically funny is that you're correct. Dear God I wish I could do some of the things I'm doing now with regard to our security company, with my 22 year old body. Door knock training with a crowbar or C4? Ha! Let me back up two yards and bull rush your door--- it's coming off the hinges as well as the door frame. I want to be that guy still, but being that guy is escaping me.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
What's tragically funny is that you're correct. Dear God I wish I could do some of the things I'm doing now with regard to our security company, with my 22 year old body. Door knock training with a crowbar or C4? Ha! Let me back up two yards and bull rush your door--- it's coming off the hinges as well as the door frame. I want to be that guy still, but being that guy is escaping me.

I understand that you wanna be the guy that kicks sand in the Nerds face at the beach, but, not everybody can be that way, now the Nerds kick sand in your face with computer Technology, they use steel doors no clob, the wooden ones are almost gone now and so are your door kicking days, you might could bulk up by startin with a Doggie door..

I'm a 69 year old retired physician, so...

I miss some athletic endeavors, but what I really miss is understanding spoken speech without it being repeated. I blame captions.

But none of what I regret or enjoy matters, as long as my wife is provided for and my kids have an easy time outdoing me. I hope they have marriages & families like I've been blessed to have.

Reactions: freeper
An old man said to his doctor, “Doc, tomorrow’s my eightieth birthday. I want to do it just one more time before I die, so I’ve hired a hooker for the night. Can you give me something to get it up?” The doctor smiled. “Normally, I don’t prescribe this stuff, but in your case, I could probably make an exception.” On the night of the “celebration,” the doctor got curious and phoned the man. “How’s it going?” “Fabulous,” replied the old man. “I’ve come three times already!” “Great,” said the doctor. “I’ll bet the hooker is astounded.” “Not exactly,” said the old man. “She’s not here yet!”

An old man said to his doctor, “Doc, tomorrow’s my eightieth birthday. I want to do it just one more time before I die, so I’ve hired a hooker for the night. Can you give me something to get it up?” The doctor smiled. “Normally, I don’t prescribe this stuff, but in your case, I could probably make an exception.” On the night of the “celebration,” the doctor got curious and phoned the man. “How’s it going?” “Fabulous,” replied the old man. “I’ve come three times already!” “Great,” said the doctor. “I’ll bet the hooker is astounded.” “Not exactly,” said the old man. “She’s not here yet!”
That's crusty--- but funny.

Reactions: danhorn
Are you familiar with Little Feat? Old Folks Boogie: and you know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill.

One of my fondest memories is going backstage at the Coliseum on Riverside and getting Patsy Clines autograph and talking to her she was so down home, that's when Country Music was Country Music, she was doing a show with Ernest Tubbs, I still have that autograph today

One of my fondest memories is going backstage at the Coliseum on Riverside and getting Patsy Clines autograph and talking to her she was so down home, that's when Country Music was Country Music, she was doing a show with Ernest Tubbs, I still have that autograph today
Dude---- she died in 1963. I thought kids weren't allowed in bars---- even back then.

My only backstage pass to a big show was to see Frank Zappa. Maybe 1978. A neighbor's brother was Frank's road manager. Until Frank caught him smoking dope. The groupies were somewhat bizarre. My girlfriend and Samantha were the only non-groupy females backstage.

My only backstage pass to a big show was to see Frank Zappa. Maybe 1978. A neighbor's brother was Frank's road manager. Until Frank caught him smoking dope. The groupies were somewhat bizarre. My girlfriend and Samantha were the only non-groupy females backstage.
Uh huh------ sure they were "non-groupies" . ;)

One for me, one for Darryl. Samantha's brother was the road manager so...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT