ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuevas55

Sep 8, 2008
anyone believe in them?? anyone had any encounters??

p.s--screw u all in advance for the smart ass comments.. hah
smilie2.gif

My ex-girlfriend took a picture of a ghost by accident. I've seen it. Most of you will call BS so it's hardly worth getting into, but the picture is only explained by a ghost.
This post was edited on 6/8 11:48 AM by dillionaire23

Reactions: GO_HORNS_GO
Originally posted by dillionaire23:
My ex-girlfriend took a picture of a ghost by accident. I've seen it. Most of you will call BS so it's hardly worth getting into, but the picture is only explained by a ghost.

post it

I have a friend that couldn't find his phone for a few days a couple of Easters ago. He finally found it in his room where he had previously checked. Whats crazy is that it had a picture of a girl on the wall paper along with a name. The picture looks creepy, and we noticed the background was the inside of his attic. The phone was fully charged and till this day has no idea of who the girl in the picture is.

I'm skeptical, but the last story I saw on the Amityville house was pretty convincing.

Reactions: Cocolopez
Originally posted by downlowaccess:
I have a friend that couldn't find his phone for a few days a couple of Easters ago. He finally found it in his room where he had previously checked. Whats crazy is that it had a picture of a girl on the wall paper along with a name. The picture looks creepy, and we noticed the background was the inside of his attic. The phone was fully charged and till this day has no idea of who the girl in the picture is.

I have some friends who live in the same neighborhood in Houston (610 and Ella) and even though they don't know each other, they believe ghosts have been in their houses.

Your story about the phone is very similar to what happened to my buddy. He would misplace something in the house, look everywhere for it with his wife, and hours later it would be right on a counter top they both had looked and walked by many times. Neither of them were playing games with each other. Often times it was car keys when they needed to leave in a hurry and couldn't find them.

Reactions: DrBobRio
I saw my grandfather's ghost repeatedly when I was 6 yrs old. Funny thing is I didn't know who he was (he died 3 yrs before I was born) but I could describe what he was wearing to the smallest detail. Ten years later, I told my grandmother the story about the man and the little scotty dog that used to walk outside my bedroom door at night. I was never scared when I saw him in our house which is odd considering most kids would scream if they saw a stranger in their house. A month later my uncle was rooting around in my grandma's attic and brought down some photos of my grandfather dressed exactly like I described with the scotty dog sitting on the tailgate of his truck.

Feel free to flame away but it's the closest thing I have to a connection with him and I'm convinced it happened.

My ex girlfriend used to claim that she would see a ghost in the window downstairs in our guest room. She was a bit insane, so I never really believed her.

However, I found out that my parents bought the house from a church. The woman that had lived there prior willed the house to the church when she died instead of her children. Maybe she's still here chilling making sure those damn kids don't get the house.

Also, the cat was scared of the room.

Still leaning towards my ex-girlfriend being nuts though.

Reactions: HornDude87
I've never had an encounter, but I believe they could possibly exist.

It would be interesting to see the % of people that believe in god and the % of people that believe in ghosts.

Not sure how you believe in one and not the other.

Thats funny that you bring up this topic, this past friday around 11pm I was laying around the house the house watching tv when my phone rang and it was my brother, he was in Buckholts for a cookout and he said people there were saying did you see who's here? It was Fritz Von Erich! They said he began telling stories about wrestling and drank a few beers and he visits there often. So I began to ask my brother if he was in heaven or hell because he's dead. My brother did not know that, he said he went to see about getting a picture of him but he was gone. My brother said that he sure did look him from a distance, so my brother told the peopld around him that fritz was dead and they didn't believe it! True story
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Reactions: GO_HORNS_GO
I believe in them for sure. I stayed a night at the Baker Hotel in Mineral Wells (old, abandoned, & condemned - with tons of history), and experienced things there that will never be able to be explained.

Reactions: DropShot_7
Originally posted by LongToothHorn:
I'm a ghost agnostic.

I realize there could be things out there we don't understand. I wouldn't judge someone making a claim.

i believe the same.. i truly believe the house i live in is haunted.. but its strange because its a brand new house.. built about year and a half ago.. i think its a little person(idk if child or vertically challenged) but time and time again when i turn off my light i always seem to see a sillouhette(sp?) and its always in different spots but the same size.. one time i was home alone and just got in from work. i took a shower and when i got out of the shower i went to my room to find my shoes, that i had just used for work, stacked on their sides on top of each other.. really hard because my shoes have a broad lip on them.. i know something is here but i have no intentions on bothering..

Originally posted by Gonzo26:
Thats funny that you bring up this topic, this past friday around 11pm I was laying around the house the house watching tv when my phone rang and it was my brother, he was in Buckholts for a cookout and he said people there were saying did you see who's here? It was Fritz Von Erich! They said he began telling stories about wrestling and drank a few beers and he visits there often. So I began to ask my brother if he was in heaven or hell because he's dead. My brother did not know that, he said he went to see about getting a picture of him but he was gone. My brother said that he sure did look him from a distance, so my brother told the peopld around him that fritz was dead and they didn't believe it! True story

Posted from wireless.rivals.com

dam thats crazy.

I have never believed in them personally, but there are things that happen or I have seen that I can't explain. There is this house in Salt Lake down the street from a friend that is abandoned.

The lights in the attic come on at night for no reason. I assumed kids are playing up there but it's all boarded up and there is no power to the house. I have personally seen a little boy sitting in the window too staring out. It’s really creepy.

Reactions: Dirty Deuce

Hate to bust your bubble on this, but that's not a ghost. It's a Basset Hound.

Originally posted by E-Horn:

Hate to bust your bubble on this, but that's not a ghost. It's a Basset Hound.

3dgrin.gif
he is the opposite of scary...

Next time Buckholts has a cookoff I think I will attend to see if Fritz will show up! Who knows maybe Fritz faked his death!
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

My place is haunted; fortunately, the ghost has an amazing rack so I sleep like a baby.

ghost-under-bed.jpg

Reactions: DropShot_7
I have had experiences with ghosts.

The first was when i was maybe 11 or 12 and my grandmother had a best friend who i called my aunt.
I did not know her husband very well, but i do remember him passing away.

She was scared to stay at home because she said her husband's ghost was going crazy in there.
My older cousin, grandmother and I all went over to the house to gather up some clothes, etc. and that is when (no shit) a wooden chair flew across the room and broke apart after smashing into the wooden wardrobe on the other side of the room. that was enough for all of us to get the hell out, and almost gave my poor grandmother a heart attack.

the next true experience was just this past year.
i was in round top, tx doing pre-production for our new record. the ranch we were staying at was 4 barns that had been transplanted from the Hudson River Valley, originally built in the 1700s. the place was incredibly neat and had a strange vibe that the owner called "duende".

i didn't really get it, and was not at peace with the way i felt. truly, none of us were. It was not the structures or the land....There was a very deep well near the cabin that experienced the most supernatural activity (wells are common gathering places for ghosts for those who might not know) but, I don't even think it was that.

The owners had decorated and completely immersed the buildings, landscaping, etc. in this weird Catholic/red devil/Latin/Frida Kahlo-style-theme. If that makes any sense.

Most of the activity was just screaming, banging and loud footsteps. When I say "just screaming"...It is still terrifying to hear those shrieks. One night one person was "held down" by his chest and shoulders on the bed by a foreign entity and most everyone would wake up in the mornings with stories of yelling sounds and peculiar designs scratched onto our bodies. I personally heard them as well, but my worst experience had to do with a fan that would not quit turning on randomly. It had me scared so bad that I actually tried speaking to whatever was causing it. I said....."Look. I know this is your place. I'm sorry to be here crowding you. I am here for work and have no other choice." (which actually worked.) lol

you guys may think I am crazy...maybe I am. But I know what I have seen.

Thank God my current home has great vibes and is wonderful to come home to.

Reactions: TexasLawnghorn
Originally posted by LongToothHorn:
I'm a ghost agnostic.

I have no personal experience with ghosts, but I realize there could be things out there we don't understand. I wouldn't judge someone making a claim.

Same here.

Closest I've come (maybe) is the day my father suddenly died in 2001. I was bouncing around my mom's house restlessly and in distress, looking for things to do and that needed to be taken care of. One of the things I latched onto that needed to be done was to change the litter in the cat box. I looked where the bag of litter always was in the garage, but it wasn't there. I looked in the shed - nope. Looked through the garage again - nope. In the house pantry and closets - nope. Mom said it was in the garage. I looked again - nope. Back out to the shed - nope. Back to the garage - holy crap, the bag of litter was sitting dead center in the middle of the garage, plain as day. I looked at it for about 2 minutes in silence, trying to hear my dad's cackling laughter at his little practical joke from the other side.....

Can't explain that one at all. I've thought that stress and grief plays tricks on your mind, and they certainly do, but I looked all over the garage multiple times. I feel it pretty damn unlikely I missed it sitting in the middle of the floor. I damn near tripped over it when it appeared.

I like to think he was there, watching me, chuckling at his little game of hide and seek. He was quite the joker in life. That the bag was sitting in one of his favorite places (the garage) where he spent a lot of time, and right next to the as-yet unfinished project he had been working on the day before he died....if my mind is playing tricks on me, I don't mind.

Miss my dad a ton. I don't think the edge on that pain will ever dull.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm as skeptical as they come. I'm the type of person who doesn't put much stock in things I can't experience sensorily or that I've never seen. I value logic and rationality. I've never seen a ghost (that I know of) or heard one or felt one or anything else. That said, I certainly do find certain places and people to be spooky, and I don't necessarily have any interest in spending the night in a cemetary or an allegedly haunted house/hotel just to prove a point. I guess I'd say I'm open to the possibility while maintaining a very healthy skepticism. But I profess that I don't have any rational explanation for what I experienced the day my dad died, above. And compared to some of the other stories on this thread, mine is decidedly tame and unexceptional.
This post was edited on 6/9 1:48 PM by Hbacker

Reactions: TexasLawnghorn
Weird and creepy stories. Keep 'em coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT