ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother and my aunt, who both are very sane people might I add had an encounter about 3 years ago that I will never forget, and chills me to the bone every time I think of it. They were both at my aunts house in Atlanta, Texas, standing in the living room but close to the kitchen. The cordless phone was laying on the kitchen table while they were talking...anyways they hear a beep beep beep and realized it came from the phone, so they walked over and picked it up and found 666 typed on the screen...both were scared out thier minds, my mom put the phone down and both stepped away and it did it again in plain sight...no one else was in the house and it really hit home with me because you know when someone is telling the truth, and when she told me the story she was in tears...

Same house an alarm clock woke everyone up around 3 a.m. going off but had no batteries and was not plugged into the wall....

About a year ago my mother called their house only to have my aunt answer the phone while she was holding the UNPLUGGED phone jack in her hand, but yet still able to carry on a conversation...

The last two occurances MAY be explainable...but the first one IMO is crazy scary, and unexplainable...Im sitting here with chills now!

I've never seen one, but I do believe there are spiritual beings. I've encountered feeling the presence of something evil, the devil perhaps, scared the livin' crap out of me, I called out the name of Jesus and told the SOB to get the F out and he did, it was gone as fast as it "appeared".

More to the story, but don't feel like getting into the details, still creeps me out to think about it as it was a low point in my life. Thank you Jesus for savin' my life!

Reactions: TxHillCountry
Originally posted by radmanmadman:
I've never seen one, but I do believe there are spiritual beings. I've encountered feeling the presence of something evil, the devil perhaps, scared the livin' crap out of me, I called out the name of Jesus and told the SOB to get the F out and he did, it was gone as fast as it "appeared".

More to the story, but don't feel like getting into the details, still creeps me out to think about it as it was a low point in my life. Thank you Jesus for savin' my life!

That gave me goosebumps. I'd love to hear the details. I have never had any experiences with anything that I would consider to be supernatural or ghost-related, but I do love reading the stories. I don't know whether or not I believe in them.

Originally posted by dbaker1980:

That gave me goosebumps. I'd love to hear the details. I have never had any experiences with anything that I would consider to be supernatural or ghost-related, but I do love reading the stories. I don't know whether or not I believe in them.

Not making fun of your story but I do find it amusing that you called on Jesus and told the SOB to get the "F" out. Goog thing Jesus love us even when we swear!

i wasn't going to post my experience, but then read some of the stories & thought to myself, what the hell.

when i moved to saint louis in 2003, i moved into a newly renovated downtown loft apartment building called Merchandise Mart. the building has been around since the 19th century.

i used to "see" shadows on the ceiling that i attibuted to a ceiling fan or perhaps light cast-up from the street. one evening while watching television, i noticed one of the shadows, then my girlfriend sort of glance up. i asked her what she saw & she reported the exact same thing to me.

however, the ceiling fan wasn't on. i got up & noticed that there was no light possibly cast from outside anywhere to the point on the ceiling where the moving shadow had been. at that point, both of us were a little creeped out, because this was an ongoing deal over several months, though this was the first time we spoke of it.

it happened many occasions after that without any reasonable explanation. then, one day we arrived home together. as i opened the front door, i noticed something in my bedroom which opened up to the hallway immediately to the right of the front door.

i noticed a "shadow" in the form of a small child had been sitting at the foot of my bed & seemed spooked when we opened the door & scurried away.

i also noticed that my girlfriend who walked in virtually at the same time (with me) glanced in the same direction. i asked her what she had seen & she described to me the EXACT SAME THING. we both had goosebumps for several minutes.

we had a few more occurences that were very similar. we never felt in harm's way whatsoever. soon, i moved from that unit (#312) to unit 628. i'd wake up early to take my girlfriend to work (6 am) & several times when i returned home, upon entering i'd see the silhouette of a man in a coat/fedora standing in the doorway to the first bedroom in the place.

each & every time, the man would turn & walk into the bedroom. each & every time, her cat would be standing in the doorway where the man was.

after our relationship ended, i moved out. after a few months we began dating again, albeit briefly. one evening while getting on the elevator we began talking about the experiences.

the elevator came to the 3rd floor & a couple got on. as we continued to speak about it, the girl asked what we were talking about. when we explained it, she began to cry & hit her boyfriend on the arm saying, "see, i told you!"

she was living in unit 312 & had been having the same experiences.

I've seen hotter ghosts under a bed on campus.

Originally posted by wwVYd:
My place is haunted; fortunately, the ghost has an amazing rack so I sleep like a baby.

ghost-under-bed.jpg

Originally posted by smileartisan:

Originally posted by dbaker1980:

Not making fun of your story but I do find it amusing that you called on Jesus and told the SOB to get the "F" out. Goog thing Jesus love us even when we swear!

Dude, if you had been there and felt what I felt that "presence" was telling me to do, you would have cursed every foul word you ever heard, good thing it was directed at this "presence", I'm sure Jesus forgives me for telling Satan or whatever it was to get the F out.
smilie2.gif

Can't wait to show this thread to my wife. She won't sleep for a week.

By the way, she's a believer.

I got another! This happened about 8 or 9 years ago. My current house is really old, over 100 years old. Well every day for months, my bed would shake at night. At first it freaked me out, but I got use to it after a while. I would tell my mom about it, and she would not believe me. I would speak up to what ever was shaking the bed and say I'm not scared so quit your sh*t! Then after ignoring it for months, it finally stopped. Then one night my mom came running into my room scared to death. She mention the bed shaking. She never believed me so now she knows.

I live in palestine Tx, and When i was in the 5th grade our class took a field trip to a museum ,which many people believe to be haunted, and we went into a train room, the room had old train seats in it and our tour guide had told us we could sit in them, and while we were seated the lights went out and the door shut, now whether this was staged or not idk but this really happened. If anyone is from palestine or been around the area they should know of this place, because its the old palestine school by reagan park.

Originally posted by dillionaire23:
My ex-girlfriend took a picture of a ghost by accident. I've seen it. Most of you will call BS so it's hardly worth getting into, but the picture is only explained by a ghost.

This post was edited on 6/8 11:48 AM by dillionaire23

Check it, that's DEFINITELY a beagle or a basset hound (I get them confused)

Originally posted by blueorder36:
I haven't had any experiences with ghosts. I died in 1925.
laugh.gif

I don't believe, but maybe I should. There have been a few times at night where I have felt as if I couldn't move or sit up, and woke up screaming. I wasn't sure if it was a dream or what. Creepy for sure.
It felt as if something was holding me down on the bed at my shoulders.
Still, seeing is believing for me I guess. These stories are fascinating though. Keep them coming.

Originally posted by babyshoe:

laugh.gif

I don't believe, but maybe I should. There have been a few times at night where I have felt as if I couldn't move or sit up, and woke up screaming. I wasn't sure if it was a dream or what. Creepy for sure.
Still, seeing is believing for me I guess. These stories are fascinating though. Keep them coming.

May be just sleep paralysis. Link to an article at the bottom.

There have been a lot of times when I wake up before my body does. Can't move and usually feels as if I can't breath. Never had any hallucinations accompany it like the article talks about. I'm kinda accustomed to it now so when it happens it's not a big deal. Very strange feeling though to not be able to move.
This post was edited on 6/8 7:06 PM by McGarnagle

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articl

Originally posted by McGarnagle:

laugh.gif

There have been a lot of times when I wake up before my body does. Can't move and usually feels as if I can't breath. Never had any hallucinations accompany it like the article talks about. I'm kinda accustomed to it now so when it happens it's not a big deal. Very strange feeling though to not be able to move.

Wow. Thanks for that. I've never heard of anything like that but it describes exactly what happened. And I do have severe sleep apnea so I bet that contributes to it.

When my dad was stationed at Elmendorf AFB in Alaska, we lived near the end of the runway. Our quarters backed up to thousands of acres of undeveloped area which went from the Cook Inlet to the end of the runway. About a half mile from the house was an area where a plane had crashed on approach a few years before we moved there. You could still find wreckage in the area so I pretty much had the location pinpointed. Anyway, one night I was looking out my second story bedroom window and saw a green glowing orb at the site of the wreck. It never moved. I definitely don't think it was anything man-made because there is absolutely nothing in that area. I watched it for about a half an hour and had everyone in the house look at it. No one had a viable explanation, including my dad who was a pilot and knew that there were no navigation aids or anything in that location. I came back about an hour later and it was gone. I only saw it that one time in the four years that we lived there. I'm pretty convinced whatever was out there was of a supernatural nature.

I worked on that airfield for the last 3 years. I've visited that site quite a few times. It's spooky.
Are you sure the green you saw wasn't the Aurora Borealis?

I definitely believe in ghosts, but haven't experienced anything substantial. This story creeps me out every time I read it, and I'm sure some of you are familiar with it.

Just click on the link and scroll down to the story.

Dibbuk Box

Originally posted by McGarnagle:

laugh.gif

Wow. Thanks for that. I've never heard of anything like that but it describes exactly what happened. And I do have severe sleep apnea so I bet that contributes to it.
I don't have sleep apnea but I used to have sleep paralysis alot. I"ve seen my wife many times when she was at work and I was napping. I always panic and feel restrained because I can sometimes lift my head up but im usely still asleep and know whats going on. If that makes any sense. It really hard to explain. Oh and I do think ghost are real.
This post was edited on 6/8 10:52 PM by peanut432

My great-grandmother passed away when I was 5 - my brother was 3. We called her "nanny".

Nanny started to go senile in her old age and anytime my brother was around her, she would start saying that my brother was her son and wouldn't give him back to my mom or dad when it was time to leave. It freaked him out, so we stopped going over there. My brother and I shared a room and a bunkbed - i had top bunk, he had bottom. During the days leading up to her death, my brother would cry everynight saying that nanny was in the room trying to take him. I always hid under my covers. The day she died, my brother woke me up screaming (worse than ever) for nanny to stay away and yelling he did not want to go. My mom came in and my brother was soaking wet with a very high fever. She took my brother into my her room to sleep with my parents. I remember this vividly.

My mom swears by this last part - she was awaken that night by nanny and they had a conversation that my brother was going to stay here with us and she needed to move on. She says it could have been a dream, but my brother never had anyother issues with nanny after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT