ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Cali-Horn:

Originally posted by LongToothHorn:
You know when your TV is on but not tuned into a channel? That static you see is 1% residual from the Big Bang and 99% ghosts.

My Dad was a radar operator in the Navy and he claims to have seen ghosts all the time.

Just sayin'!

What in the hell are you talking about?

Oh, lighten up, Cali, and it might even make YOU smile.

Originally posted by Horn Jam:
Well, I see dead people.

It used to scare me as a kid, but then this one dead dude who didn't know he was dead convinced me to help the dead out with whatever they need. Now it's not so bad.

FYI, watch out for cold. It's a dead give away.
I waited on you once. Cheap b!tch.

Originally posted by texashero:
Originally posted by GDforHC:
Don't they have to disclose the "ghost " before you sign?
So I'm told. But I didn't mind.

Read the nursing ghost thread. Eerie how similar some of the stories are.
Had not seen that link, thanks. Yep, curious things seem to happen when you're dying. E.g., at one point my mom (whom I was holding at the time) whispered to me very clearly: "We've got to find a hammer to break the lock on that door." (She also kept telling me to watch out for the holes or we'd fall. It was like we were on some kind of quest or something.)

Anyway, Ma lingered a couple thunderstormy days, then the sky cleared and it got lovely and cloudless and cool (this was 11 May 2006). And the power went out. Not during all the violent thunderstorms?huge limbs down in the back yard, etc.?but on a calm, sunny morning. So we opened the windows in her room to let fresh air and birdsong through the screens. Soon after, she was gone.

And then the power came back on.

Part of me imagines that Ma made the power go out so we'd open the windows and she could fly out on the breeze. 'Course, another part of me says: "Don't be such an idoit."

Hook 'em.

Took me a few days to go through the entire thread, but it is well worth the time. It is great, and I'm not so naive and gullible to think it's all true, but I also don't think everyone is lying either.

Originally posted by ardamir:
My current roommate does not believe in God or the supernatural. He loves to talk about how messed up the bible is and how the supernatural is purely sensation.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your roommate has never read the entire Bible, spent a large percentage of time researching the Bible, has never read the 53 historical records (in & out of the church) that document Jesus' existence and works, and doesn't read, write or speak ancient Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew. Like most people, believers & non-believers, he's probably just regurgitating what he's been told. I felt similarly until I decided to stop basing my "potential" eternity on the commentary of other people and instead set off to research the existence or non-existence of God. Eight years later, I'm beyond convinced. No doubt in my mind....he exists.

Since every one else is telling their stories I guess I will share mine also.

1. When I was driving 18 wheelers cross country, I stopped at a truck stop for the night in Florida. I was sleeping and woke up about 3a.m. I decided to get up and smoke a cigarette. When I got dressed and moved up to the front seat I saw a guy looking at my truck; not that unusual in a truck stop. As I set there this person kept staring at my truck. I had just about finished my cigarette and decided I was going to see what the guy's problem was. By this time the guy had been staring at my truck for about 10 minutes. As I exited the truck and stepped down on the ground, the guy literally disappeared before my eyes. This sent cold chills down my spine and every hair on my body stood on end. As I stood there in disbelief, I realized that the motor on my reefer unit had turned off. This could have potentially ruined over a million dollars worth of orange juice. What ever this figure was, it saved me from an absolute nightmare. Was it a ghost? Was it a guardian angel? I cannot answer that question. It freaked me out, though, to the point that I called my wife at 1 a.m. to tell her about this incident.

2. About 6 months ago, my wife and I were watching t.v. in the living room when our front door opened. Our schnauzer went to bark at whoever was coming in, as usual, only this time something was wrong. Our dog, who would take on anyone or anything, stopped dead in his tracks. He looked at the front door and started cowering. I immediately jumped up as the front door was closing and went to it. There was nothing there. I went out the front door, and the dog that would always go with me, refused. I looked up and down the road; this is a well lit road, but nothing was there. What it was I cannot say. However, that dog would not cower to anyone, so it was something supernatural.

" remember waking up from a dream and not being able to move and through the corner of my eyes seeing a man in black standing over me, and by the time I got through praying and being able to move it was gone (10-15 secs)"

No lie. The exact thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I remember not being able to move and closing my eyes, then when I reopened them, nothing there. I still am very freaked out about it.

Originally posted by = Ice Man =:
My current roommate does not believe in God or the supernatural. He loves to talk about how messed up the bible is and how the supernatural is purely sensation.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess your roommate has never read the entire Bible, spent a large percentage of time researching the Bible, has never read the 53 historical records (in & out of the church) that document Jesus' existence and works, and doesn't read, write or speak ancient Greek, Aramaic, or Hebrew. Like most people, believers & non-believers, he's probably just regurgitating what he's been told. I felt similarly until I decided to stop basing my "potential" eternity on the commentary of other people and instead set off to research the existence or non-existence of God. Eight years later, I'm beyond convinced. No doubt in my mind....he exists.

Would you like to give a few books to start for people who want to make the pilgrimage you did?

I will share my most recent ghost experience with you. It was about 8 years ago and I had gone through a divorce and was dating a girl that my grandmother most assuredly would not like and one evening I found that out for sure. My grandmothers house was empty, but the barn that I kept my boat in was on the same property. After putting the boat away, she asked me if there was a bathroom in the barn, but the only one was in the house. Since the house was empty, I told her to follow me to the house. This was in the early afternoon and we had not been drinking. She followed me into the house and was about three paces behind me, and after about ten steps in I stopped. I felt an overwhelming presence that I KNEW was my grandmother and that she did not want that girl in HER house. I slowly turned back to see her face was white as snow and hear her say, "we need to get out of here RIGHT NOW."

I told my uncle that story, since he just moved in, and he told me that while renovating he had some really strange feelings as well.

If I had more time, I would tell you of the Ghost/Angel that pulled my aunt and mom out of the guadalupe river.

Keep up the stories, they are very entertaining.

Reactions: GO_HORNS_GO
Originally posted by flynavy22:
I will share my most recent ghost experience with you. It was about 8 years ago and I had gone through a divorce and was dating a girl that my grandmother most assuredly would not like and one evening I found that out for sure. My grandmothers house was empty, but the barn that I kept my boat in was on the same property. After putting the boat away, she asked me if there was a bathroom in the barn, but the only one was in the house. Since the house was empty, I told her to follow me to the house. This was in the early afternoon and we had not been drinking. She followed me into the house and was about three paces behind me, and after about ten steps in I stopped. I felt an overwhelming presence that I KNEW was my grandmother and that she did not want that girl in HER house. I slowly turned back to see her face was white as snow and hear her say, "we need to get out of here RIGHT NOW."

I told my uncle that story, since he just moved in, and he told me that while renovating he had some really strange feelings as well.

If I had more time, I would tell you of the Ghost/Angel that pulled my aunt and mom out of the guadalupe river.

I gotta hear that story as well.

Originally posted by flynavy22:

I gotta hear that story as well.
For real. I'm curious as all get out..

Word.

Awesome testimony Ice, but I think your dumping on him a little hard. He was just making a reference point there with his friend.

Originally posted by jloop808:

Word.

The Word.
laugh.gif

i know the hispanics/mexicans know what im talking about La llorona, and the lechusa.. anyone have anything on that??

My bad Jam. I re-read my post & don't see what you're talking about, but you know I respect your insight/opinion. The intent wasn't to dump on anyone, only to call out the myopic mindset that has people (his roommate in this case) making inane comments based on little more than receiting whatever social commentary fits your lifestyle. Too many people make important life decisions based on what others think. I just wanted to bring to light that it's foolish to do so.

I'll post book stuff after the game or tomorrow morning. There's a ton of great reading for anyone who doesn't have the time to go to school to learn the ancient languages of 2000 BC to 500 AD.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

I have had alot of these things happen to me as well and I certainly believe in ghosts. I believe some people are more in tune with it than others, and it has alot to do with certain places. I also believe dogs can sense things we can't. I have numerous pics from my IR game camera that I can't explain like strange lights that seem to be moving. The IR game cams are fairly new and I am curious if anyone else has had strange things on some pics.

My bad Jam. I re-read my post & don't see what you're talking about, but you know I respect your insight/opinion. The intent wasn't to dump on anyone, only to call out the myopic mindset that has people (his roommate in this case) making inane comments based on little more than receiting whatever social commentary fits your lifestyle. Too many people make important life decisions based on what others think. I just wanted to bring to light that it's foolish to do so.

I'll post book stuff after the game or tomorrow morning. There's a ton of great reading for anyone who doesn't have the time to go to school to learn the ancient languages of 2000 BC to 500 AD.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com
No worries man, it may be my comprehension...or lack thereof..

Christmas in 2005, I was staying at my parents house. I was arguing with my wife and I went to bed early. I was kind dozing off and I saw the light from the windows in the room fade like someone walked in front of it. Then I saw the second window light fade in the second window as something passed before it. So I called out my wife's name, and when she didn't respond I jumped up, and begin to think maybe it was someone outside in the backyard. So I get up and realize my wife is sleeping on the couch and that it is 4am. So the tough guy I am, I go get my parents 2 shitzhus and take them to bed with me.
So finally after a hour, I find myself falling back to sleep, and I am having this dream. This force is smothering me, yet it is really comfortable, and its talking to me in a voice that's peaceful. And, eventhough I am panicking and I want to wake up, its telling me not to. Its black, and heavy like a fog so thick that you are choking on it. So it starts telling me that all the pain in my life can go away, if i kill myself. And, i am resisting, and fighting this urge, but it makes sense the things it is telling me. So it hands my a pistol out of dad's gun cabinet and tells me that peace is so close. I am so frightened at the thought of death that I literally jump straight up out of bed and turn on the light on the ceiling fan. When the light came on I see this white orb run through the door into the hall. I wouldn't have believed it myself but the dogs didn't care in the slightest about all the commotion I was making as much as they cared about what they saw move through the door as well. I have never slept another wink in that house, and there are at least 3times a year I have to stay there. The next morning, i was telling my dad about my dream, and I described the gun. Then he went into the room and brought it out, it was the exact same gun from my dream. 38 special with the initials drg on it. He told me he bought it last week at an auction in san saba and that the gun had been used to kill a man 15yrs before. He sold the gun, but I still can't sleep there.

I believe that all of you are mistaken, but if I could see the evidence could be convinced. This not only goes against my belief in matter/energy, but also God. I base my beliefs on the physical universe on evidence and my mind is open.

I replied to this thread saying I was open minded, but that it went against everything I belieed about God. My post could not be found on the thread, even though my handle showed up on the board with the last post. I think the mods are in on this.

I have a pretty spooky true story that always scares the crap out of me and gets my tears flowing (laugh all you want) I hate reliving it but I decided to write this up anyways.

When I was in high school one of my good buddies (John) comes to school and told me and 4 of our other buddies that there is something going on in his attic. He told us he kept hearing laughing noises and banging sounds. We told him to investigate and get back to us. At this point we think he is just kidding. This attic isn’t a normal attic, its okay to sleep in and has a couch, tv, air hockey table, and of course a separate room dedicated to his moms doll collection of over 100 dolls on the walls in separate locked doll cases…

Then about two weeks later John comes to school and had pulled some of his hair out. He told us he slept up there and there are some saw some very creepy things he couldn’t explain up there and he went nuts that night and pulled his hair out. Now we obviously believe him and he was starting to cry while telling us. Then we of course had to see what was going on so we say fvck it and we decide to sleep up there.

The night finally comes and right after school we go up there at like 4pm to get sleeping bags and air mattresses ready and at this point everything seemed fine. We checked out the doll room which even during the day gave us chills but nothing was happening just creepy looking dolls. About 5 hours go by and we are just sitting up there playing video games when all of a sudden things start to make a turn for the worse…

In the back room we hear an extremely loud slam and we all go to investigate (even though we are scared shitless) and the closet door in the doll room that was once open is now slammed shut. One of the glass doll cases are open and the doll is on the floor. We immediately run back to the couch and where all of our bedding stuff is and we are freaked. About 10 minutes goes by and a beaming light come on from behind us and we think it’s a ghost but it’s the refrigerator door that comes whipping open as if someone grabbed the handle and pulled it at immense force. At this point we are huddled around like a bunch of school girls.

About 2 hours go by with nothing and at this point it’s around 11 or so and we continue to play video games in silence and wait patiently for something (Big Mistake). The air hockey table turns on and we hear the faint humming sound it makes and we turn around and there is an outline of the upper half of a man standing right by the only door to run out of so we did not run because we would have had to run right through it. It was there for about 10-15 seconds but it seemed like an eternity.

After it leaves we are now huddled under a blanket with tears in our eyes thinking of a plan and decide whether to leave or try and be badass and stay but we all voted leave. We all count to 10 and book it to the door and you have to run past the doll room in order to leave the attic and while running by the door room the door swings open and we could all hear the dolls playing the doll piano and giggling.

It was the scariest experience of my life and it is true. Take it for what its worth but after that I believe in ghosts. His house is supposedly on an old Indian burial ground. I am still friends with the guys and we still talk about the story from time to time but it gives us chills.

About 25 years ago my brother went camping behind our parent's house with our mom. She had never been camping before and it was a milestone, of sorts, she wanted to accomplish (we live in a rural area and own about 600ac.) Approx. a half mile behind my parent's house is a house built around 1865, it has since fallen down. Behind this house is a clearing roughly the size of 2 football fields. He pitches the the tent at the edge of the clearing.
The next morning he wakes up early around sunrise and opens the tent. As he is getting out of the tent he sees in the middle of the clearing a black man walking towards them dressed in old tattered clothing. He turns and wakes mom thinking a poacher is coming after them (poachers have been a problem). When he and mom turn and look no one is there. He and mom put their shoes on and go out to where he saw the man.
Because of the dew on the grass they can see the foot steps where someone was walking toward their tent and they just stop. No retreat, no back tracking just steps into the clearing and boom they end.
I saw this black man when I was 8 or 9 as did my brother at the corner of my parent's house some 14 years prior, while playing in the front yard. Our closest neighbors are 100s of yards away so no one could approach w/out notice....we also had one mean german shepard.
Nothing since that time.

I just moved into a place built in the 1910's because of its location. Since arriving, I have been waking up hourly throughout the night due to night terrors and heavy sweating. I often feel like a ghost is present in the room during these disturbances. Multiple neighbors have relayed stories about this area being extremely haunted.

Curious, I combed the internet seeking stories from people experiencing situations more in tune with my own. Apparently, my symptoms are not those of having contact with the other side, but instead, AIDS.

This post was edited on 6/10 4:12 AM by PaulKemp

Originally posted by CrowUT1:
" remember waking up from a dream and not being able to move and through the corner of my eyes seeing a man in black standing over me, and by the time I got through praying and being able to move it was gone (10-15 secs)"

No lie. The exact thing happen to me a couple of years ago. I remember not being able to move and closing my eyes, then when I reopened them, nothing there. I still am very freaked out about it.

i have had that happen many times, but not exactly like that. it's a temporary complete paralaysis as you awake. it's extremely scary. i'm told it's not entirely uncommon.

Originally posted by skeane24:
His house is supposedly on an old Indian burial ground. I am still friends with the guys and we still talk about the story from time to time but it gives us chills.

Most houses in ghost stories/movies are built on said indian burial grounds.

I have a pretty spooky true story that always scares the crap out of me and gets my tears flowing (laugh all you want) I hate reliving it but I decided to write this up anyways.

When I was in high school one of my good buddies (John) comes to school and told me and 4 of our other buddies that there is something going on in his attic. He told us he kept hearing laughing noises and banging sounds. We told him to investigate and get back to us. At this point we think he is just kidding. This attic isn’t a normal attic, its okay to sleep in and has a couch, tv, air hockey table, and of course a separate room dedicated to his moms doll collection of over 100 dolls on the walls in separate locked doll cases…

Then about two weeks later John comes to school and had pulled some of his hair out. He told us he slept up there and there are some saw some very creepy things he couldn’t explain up there and he went nuts that night and pulled his hair out. Now we obviously believe him and he was starting to cry while telling us. Then we of course had to see what was going on so we say fvck it and we decide to sleep up there.

The night finally comes and right after school we go up there at like 4pm to get sleeping bags and air mattresses ready and at this point everything seemed fine. We checked out the doll room which even during the day gave us chills but nothing was happening just creepy looking dolls. About 5 hours go by and we are just sitting up there playing video games when all of a sudden things start to make a turn for the worse…

In the back room we hear an extremely loud slam and we all go to investigate (even though we are scared shitless) and the closet door in the doll room that was once open is now slammed shut. One of the glass doll cases are open and the doll is on the floor. We immediately run back to the couch and where all of our bedding stuff is and we are freaked. About 10 minutes goes by and a beaming light come on from behind us and we think it’s a ghost but it’s the refrigerator door that comes whipping open as if someone grabbed the handle and pulled it at immense force. At this point we are huddled around like a bunch of school girls.

About 2 hours go by with nothing and at this point it’s around 11 or so and we continue to play video games in silence and wait patiently for something (Big Mistake). The air hockey table turns on and we hear the faint humming sound it makes and we turn around and there is an outline of the upper half of a man standing right by the only door to run out of so we did not run because we would have had to run right through it. It was there for about 10-15 seconds but it seemed like an eternity.

After it leaves we are now huddled under a blanket with tears in our eyes thinking of a plan and decide whether to leave or try and be badass and stay but we all voted leave. We all count to 10 and book it to the door and you have to run past the doll room in order to leave the attic and while running by the door room the door swings open and we could all hear the dolls playing the doll piano and giggling.

It was the scariest experience of my life and it is true. Take it for what its worth but after that I believe in ghosts. His house is supposedly on an old Indian burial ground. I am still friends with the guys and we still talk about the story from time to time but it gives us chills.

did you make that up? i'm not saying i don't believe you, but i laughed.

my wife told me one. there is a railroad crossing in San Antonio. if you stop your car on the tracks, after a bit something slowly moves your car forward and it's not because of an incline or the weather. it's a crossing where someone was killed when trying to pass. and it's not a one time episode. strange.

there are many stories about the Driskol Hotel here in Austin. the elevators.

i have stayed several times at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. they claim it is "haunted". i never had any experience, but while older and nice, it did seem a little creepy.

Originally posted by TEX(AUS):

did you make that up? i'm not saying i don't believe you, but i laughed.

my wife told me one. there is a railroad crossing in San Antonio. if you stop your car on the tracks, after a bit something slowly moves your car forward and it's not because of an incline or the weather. it's a crossing where someone was killed when trying to pass. and it's not a one time episode. strange.

there are many stories about the Driskol Hotel here in Austin. the elevators.

i have stayed several times at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. they claim it is "haunted". i never had any experience, but while older and nice, it did seem a little creepy.

There seems to be a lot of railroad stories around.

Growing up, I always heard about the conductor who got his head cut off somewhere around Saratoga in the Big Thicket, and you can still see him swinging his lantern down the tracks if you go to a certain crossing.

This ghost story was even mentioned in a National Geographic when they did a story on the Big Thicket years ago.

I HATE those kind of creepy dolls!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT