ADVERTISEMENT

OT - NBA & Aggies

ASURAM2010

Feb 1, 2012
I don't know if any of you have kept up, but an Aggie name Robert Williams was drafted by the Celtics in the late first round in this past weeks draft. He was considered by a lot of people as a lottery level talent, but slipped due to questions regarding his motor and drive.

Fast forward to the day after the draft, he is supposed to have a radio conference call with the Celtics to introduce him, and he oversleeps and has to reschedule. Fast forward to this weekend, he misses his flight to practice and misses the first one or two practices with the Celtics.
Is there anything more Aggie?

As much as I'd like to blame this on him being aggy.... it's more of two other things.

1. He lazy as fvck, my dude. There's no other way to put it. Dude is just plain lay zeeeeee.
2. Dude can't wake up in time, function properly or be on time because the dude is neck deep in hippie lettuce 24/7.
The Celtics are going to have to start fining hims day one for sh!t like this. Problem is, dude will go broke before his contract is up. He's worthless.

I don't know if any of you have kept up, but an Aggie name Robert Williams was drafted by the Celtics in the late first round in this past weeks draft. He was considered by a lot of people as a lottery level talent, but slipped due to questions regarding his motor and drive.

Fast forward to the day after the draft, he is supposed to have a radio conference call with the Celtics to introduce him, and he oversleeps and has to reschedule. Fast forward to this weekend, he misses his flight to practice and misses the first one or two practices with the Celtics.
Is there anything more Aggie?

The Celtics have appeared to be a step ahead of the rest of the league under Ainge, from fleecing the Nets for draft picks by trading past their prime aged stars, to obtaining young overlooked talent such as Jalen Brown, to getting Kyrie and Hayward, albeit injured. But this Williams pick is a head scratcher. The sports world is full of guys with talent who underachieve. That was the knock on Williams before the draft, and so far he has lived up to the rep. Don't know why the Celts would waste the pick.

Don't know why the Celts would waste the pick.
If, and its a big if, the Celts can get his head on straight, there is extremely high value in picking him where they did. The NBA draft is so top heavy that if you can find someone to be an above average roll player in the late 20's you have gotten a steal.

If, and its a big if, the Celts can get his head on straight, there is extremely high value in picking him where they did. The NBA draft is so top heavy that if you can find someone to be an above average roll player in the late 20's you have gotten a steal.
You are right, but, to quote the great Parcells, you are what you are. I've seen enough Randy Gregorys, Greg Hardys, Johnny Footballs, etc. (sorry to mix sports) to know that the chances of changing, even with millions dangling in front of you, are slim. Good luck to him.

This kid is from Oil City Louisiana. This is an itty bity poor town between Shreveport and the Texas line. He stayed in school an extra year because his mom knew he was immature. I don't know if he is a good kid or not, but he came up poor and country. So I am pulling for him. He needs to grow up asap.
But there only so many 6'10 guys with arms that long who are ulta athletic, so he has a chance. 100% up to him to grow up, or go home broke.

You are right, but, to quote the great Parcells, you are what you are. I've seen enough Randy Gregorys, Greg Hardys, Johnny Footballs, etc. (sorry to mix sports) to know that the chances of changing, even with millions dangling in front of you, are slim. Good luck to him.

Especially when you have nothing but YES men around him. He has no mentors so he'll just keep doing what he's always done and when he turns 40 he'll kick himself.

Especially when you have nothing but YES men around him. He has no mentors so he'll just keep doing what he's always done and when he turns 40 he'll kick himself.
He is actually in a very good spot. Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge are excellent, probably 2nd best coach/GM combo in the league. I think Al Horford and Marcus Smart are solid leaders.

He is actually in a very good spot. Brad Stevens and Danny Ainge are excellent, probably 2nd best coach/GM combo in the league. I think Al Horford and Marcus Smart are solid leaders.

Wasn’t speaking of him specifically but in general. Yeah he may but you could say that a bout a few players it’s still on that person to get their ass up and be accountable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT