ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Need some help from the OB family for my son (rules followed)

Roland_Deschain

Gold Member
Oct 14, 2005
Grapevine
I posted about a month ago, trying to sell some items (sold a couple of them, much thanks) because my insurance was covering very little of my son's ABA therapy. For those unsure of what that is, it is therapy designed to help children with Autism. My son, William, was diagnosed when he was 2 years old and is now 10. He has always been a happy go lucky kid, until a couple of years ago when his behaviors dramatically worsened. He has always been mostly non-verbal, but he quit talking altogether, would lash out, hit, bite, etc... but worst of all, hardly ever laughed or smiled. But in the past year, we have gotten him back into ABA therapy, and it's made a dramatic change. He's using some words again, not lashing out and most importantly, laughs and smiles just like before but still a long way to go.

Which brings me to this pride-swallowing request. I'm married, and we have 4 sons and I was recently laid off. So now there is now no coverage for his therapy and it's not cheap. I don't want him to lose the progress he's made, and years of trying different things to help him have dried up the savings. I'm not asking for money for me as I'm receiving a small severance which will help us cover regular bills and what-not (although, any job leads for a Product Manger in the mortgage and banking world are appreciated). I've been a member here for almost 20 years and although I don't post much, I've seen the power of the OB family. I'm posting some pics for you guys to see what a great, handsome little dude he is, along with a few others of my family (and the wife not from 'Nam - yes, call me Michael Dickson because I definitely out-kicked my coverage). A couple of people DM'd me last time asking for a Venmo ID, so I'll leave it below. Also, the wife said that if we get to $1000 i'm allowed to post a (tasteful) pic. My idea of tasteful and hers are 2 different things, so we'll cross that bridge if we get to it. Thank you for those that made it this far, Hook 'Em and OU sucks.

TLDR: I got shit-canned, need some help from my OB friends, Venmo and pics below. All $$ money received will go to William and his therapy coverage. As a further incentive to my horny Longhorn brethren, i'm allowed to post a pic of the wifey that's SFW if donations hit the mark.

Venmo ID: @Eric-Brem-18

2WR46bK.jpg
Xz0W7zV.jpg
VPDEjVw.jpg
EASPQCX.jpg
jKeRNhG.jpg
pVO21vs.jpg
gN1MQnN.jpg
LJrZZIU.jpg
cZ13CiA.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT