ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Need Your Help

The_Mike

ATX Realtor
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2013
Austin, Tx
My business partner and I were recently hand-selected by Mobile Loaves & Fishes in Austin along with a small group of other top custom home builders in our area to help bring to life a 27-acre master-planned community near Decker Lake, which will provide homes for chronically homeless and disabled people in Central Texas. For those with a short attention span, here is the link for donating: https://www.donate.mlf.org/bynah/ At the bottom, there is an option to chose builder. Please select us, JGB Custom Homes.

For those that want to know more, this project is a national prototype. Many community leaders throughout the lower 48 have been in to check this project out. Much of the ground work, such as sewage lines, power, etc. are being laid out right now. The challenge proposed to us was to raise $18,000.00 for the cost of building one micro home. When we reach our goal, Mobile Loaves & Fishes will then cover the cost of a second home, which we will also build.

In addition to giving our brothers and sisters dignity, homes, finding them work, and getting them back on their feet, the village will provide the following:

▪ An innovative mix of affordable housing options

▪ Places for worship, study, and fellowship

▪ Memorial garden and columbarium

▪ A community garden featuring fruit- and nut-bearing trees and vegetables

▪ A chicken operation, beehives producing fresh honey, and aquaponics

▪ A workshop with tool bank and art gallery for micro-enterprise opportunities

▪ A medical facility for physical and mental health screenings and support services including hospice and respite care

▪ Walking trails

▪ An outdoor theater and bed & breakfast for mission visits

I updated our website this morning with more information, which can be seen here: www.jgbcustomhomes.com/community. There you will see a map of the property and rendering of the actual home we are building. There is great information on the Mobile Loaves & Fishes site as well: www.ml.org/cf

Yes, this is a Christian organization and I realize for many of you that isn't your thing. In that case, please see this as a way of helping out the homeless and getting them off the streets.

Your donation is 100% tax-deductible. Naming rights to the homes are also available for larger donations. Our first weekend of construction is tentatively August 8th-9th, but the weather we've been having may push that back, as we wait for good conditions to lay foundations.

Thanks for taking the time to read and helping if you are able. If you have questions or concerns, please email me: mike@jgbcustomhomes.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Horn19
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News