ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Zealand

I could have made book on hearing that from you, q1w2e3, and that may be the case with your religion, but not the case with mine. However, if we're going to debate philosophy, I must have a cigar and just a little brandy. BTW, have you ever heard of The Ten Commandments?
Of course the circular your religion is right and the other man’s is wrong is as old as religion itself.
The Ten Commandments...well 40% or more of them have nothing to with morals or ethics and the remaining is certainly nothing close to encompassing a fraction of the depth of moral and ethical concern. Further, none of them were original concepts and support my case that values and morals don’t come from religion we bring them to our religions.

Reactions: elcapitan009
Of course the circular your religion is right and the other man’s is wrong is as old as religion itself.
The Ten Commandments...well 40% or more of them have nothing to with morals or ethics and the remaining is certainly nothing close to encompassing a fraction of the depth of moral and ethical concern. Further, none of them were original concepts and support my case that values and morals don’t come from religion we bring them to our religions.[/QUOTE

Of course, I disagree, q1w2e3, but it is good to hear from you again.

I worship at the church of "everybody just needs to keep their fvcking hands in their pockets" .

This just isn’t true. At this point in human history far far more people don’t commit murder, violent acts, or break any laws whatsoever. And in the bigger picture, the trend in humans toward much less violence has drudged on since we were hunter gatherers. We factually live in the least violent time in human history.
Will it continue? I don’t know. Do we still have an incredible amount of problems and progress to be made? Yes, but the pessimistic doom and gloom view is not only incorrect it fails to recognize and appreciate the mechanisms for how so much progress has been made in human violence and well being.
True. Very good.

I worship at the church of "everybody just needs to keep their fvcking hands in their pockets" .

........see that man with his hands in his pockets, we know what he is doing and we wish he would stop it!.....
dou g Clark and the Hot Nuts....

Dude posed for a photo during his arraignment with authorities today and brandished a "white power" symbol while doing so. The NZ prime minister, a lady, announces that she wants to enact new gun laws making the purchase of semi-auto weapons incredibly difficult. While it's a knee jerk reaction, I can see why she feels justified in doing this.

Here's the rub, the dude didn't have any priors, that I can find, so unless a law is put in place that completely bans the sale of semi-autos to anyone, he still would have been able to pull this off.

In summary, bad people do bad sh!t and 8 times out of 10 you can't stop it.

Reactions: LonghornMM
This was a horrible tragedy. I believe this sort of attack can happen anywhere but churches, mosque's etc. should consider taking precautions to deal with this type of thing. The church I attend has well armed plain clothes security for this type of issue. It may not prevent it totally but it can sure limit the damage and loss of life.
We have a marked car and officer in our foyer along with many armed church goers that are highly trained who just happen to go to church with us. We did this after the shooting down near San Antonio

Reactions: horn wild
We have a marked car and officer in our foyer along with many armed church goers that are highly trained who just happen to go to church with us. We did this after the shooting down near San Antonio
I have a friend who is a member at Sutherland Springs. He was carrying regularly at church before the shooting. The morning of, he had a church errand to run, was late for the service. He got a call from the preacher on the way to church to tell him about it.

I have a friend who is a member at Sutherland Springs. He was carrying regularly at church before the shooting. The morning of, he had a church errand to run, was late for the service. He got a call from the preacher on the way to church to tell him about it.
Damn.

And yes, in their own pockets obviously.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT