ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Packages Exploding

I haven't been keeping up with this much, whats the deal? Why isnt it getting more media attention???

I haven't been keeping up with this much, whats the deal? Why isnt it getting more media attention???

Me and my coworker was speaking about that this morning. I mean these are bombs being set up at peoples houses and it seems it's no big deal.

Oh to be a surveillance company in Austin. All the cameras going up this week will be phenomenal.

I read about it on both CNN and Fox after the 2nd explosion. It's been there all along.

Must have missed it I ended up getting it from Chron.com on the 2nd and thought I looked for it on CNN but nothing was posted. Mainly only local but I'm glad it's nationwide. Shit is nuts!

Must have missed it I ended up getting it from Chron.com on the 2nd and thought I looked for it on CNN but nothing was posted. Mainly only local but I'm glad it's nationwide. Shit is nuts!
BBC and skye are reporting on it. Al jazeera-- even the French media is broadcasting on it.

We have 500 federal agents in town now. At the latest location looked like drama to me. A good number of agents had nothing to do. They looked like extras in a movie.

Parcel filled with 'nails and shrapnel' en route to Austin explodes at a FedEx site in San Antonio as FBI probe link to serial bomber

This guy is starting to piss me off. Or should I say "these guys". @oldhorn2 your son is law enforcement.... I assume you've spoken to him regarding this..... maybe you haven't. Has he weighed in?

Obviously the first few bombs had the same M.O. But now we have a trip wire bomb and a FedEx bomb that was triggered prematurely. So from a construction standpoint, this is his first mistake. The bomb went off early. Now we are hearing that a 6th bomb has been found that did not explode. This guy's goose is cooked now.....

Backing up a bit, building bombs is like baking a pie. When you learn how to do it the first time successfully, you tend to stick to that recipe. Building a trip wire bomb is using a different explosive method and trigger. Bomb builders don't just randomly switch methods. Changing your method means screwing with what works in order to experiment. Experimenting on bombs gets you killed.

I don't think this is one dude..... and if it is one dude, he's highly skilled and has training of some sort. (military, academic, terror)

As I've said before, building a bomb is easy.... building a bomb that goes off at the correct moment is hard.

But there's something this guy wants.......

Reactions: freeper
If it was enroute I assume that the person either dropped it off or had it picked up. Wouldn’t it have the persons ID. How did they pay for the delivery? Card? I assume the person is smart enough to keep their identity hidden but how can they when shipping a box from SA to ATX?

Last edited:
If it was enroute I assume that the person either dropped it off or had it picked up. Wouldn’t it have the persons ID. How did they pay for the delivery? Card? I assume the person is smart enough to keep their identity hidden but how can they when shipping a box from SA to ATX?
The box was shipped in austin back TO austin. It was sorted in Schertz. Every time I've shipped FedEx I've either had to use my account at the office or walk into a shipping office (mail box Inc, etc). Every one of those I've ever been into had cameras. You can pay cash.... but they are going to get a look at you. There's likely witnesses now.

This guy may have just made his final mistake.

The box was shipped in austin back TO austin. It was sorted in Schertz. Every time I've shipped FedEx I've either had to use my account at the office or walk into a shipping office (mail box Inc, etc). Every one of those I've ever been into had cameras. You can pay cash.... but they are going to get a look at you. There's likely witnesses now.

This guy may have just made his final mistake.
Let's hope so. Hand delivering bombs is anonymous, but when you start sending those through FedEx and the like, like you said, that is why IDs can be made. Unless it is an inside job but even then, I'm sure they know exactly when it was scanned in and exactly how it was scanned in.

Fed Ex has lots of drop box locations that take boxes. About half are outside.

I was thinking the same but don't you have to print a label and doesn't Fed Ex require some type of account in order to do that? Basically what kind of "loop hole" could this person find to get that package on a Fed Ex truck without being identified.

Last edited:
Dummy account, prepaid Visa, public WiFi. It's traceable but not easily tracable. If he used a Dropbox there was probably no weekend pickup so there is probably a 72 hour window in which it could have been dropped off.

Dummy account, prepaid Visa, public WiFi. It's traceable but not easily tracable. If he used a Dropbox there was probably no weekend pickup so there is probably a 72 hour window in which it could have been dropped off.

I hope they/he didn't think it out and gets busted on camera. This needs to end soon.

Last edited:
I hope this ends soon too but I thought it was a little odd that the Police Chief asked the bomber to call in on 911 so they could talk about this. I'm pretty sure dude doesn't want anything to do with making contact with police or surrendering for that matter.

unibomber was smart...IQ way north of 160 I think. He spread his bombings out over time and might have never have been caught had his brother not ratted him out.

I would think that the bomb materials themselves would be what gets the guy caught....hard to get enough of them this quickly without leaving a trail (unless of course he has been planning this for years and had it all stockpiled.) I would think a trip wire type detonator would be the easiest kind to build. Much easier than something that blows when opened, or maybe it is exactly the same now that I think about it.

I hope this ends soon too but I thought it was a little odd that the Police Chief asked the bomber to call in on 911 so they could talk about this. I'm pretty sure dude doesn't want anything to do with making contact with police or surrendering for that matter.
1st. This is an insult to anyone with half a brain. I call you on 911 and you instantly have my number and know where I am. I call you from a cell phone, same thing.... I go buy a burner phone that I can throw away, pay cash for, and you're still able to geolocate me up to about 30 feet. This military does it all the time in Iraq and afghanistan. Asking him to dial in, if it were I, would have been an insult to my intellegence.

2nd. This guy fvcked up big time. I was over off of Brodie lane earlier when about 300 cop cars came screaming into a shopping center and cordoned off a freaking mail box store. They immediately starting taking measurements on the door and setting up a tent for forensics. This idiot went inside and mailed the freaking bombs..... and I will be you dollars to donuts that he did it either right before or right after he planted that bomb in the neighborhood a scant mile and a half away.

This guy is fvcked.

Another explosion? This guy is just trolling law enforcement now, totally enjoying every minute of baffling law enforcement.

Another explosion? This guy is just trolling law enforcement now, totally enjoying every minute of baffling law enforcement.
Holy fvck...... I was on Brodie earlier today....this dude is pissing me off.

Good grief if this was a bomb this evening, this guy is no doubt trolling showing how multiple his attack is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT