OT: PS5 vs. Xbox for Kids

Horn_CPA

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2019
Plano, TX
My kids (9 and 11 boys) have been asking me for a PS5 in order to play NCAA 25. We currently have a PS4 with only a few games that they play a lot (Minecraft & Fortnite). I'm not a gamer at all, but most importantly...I find PS4 and the Playstation network in general very difficult to use/understand and we end up with them constantly asking for this or that, retrieving passwords, etc. just to do simple things like buying games, reloading the wallet for skins, etc. We initially got the PS4 when Covid first broke out when they were much younger. We ended up using all of our info to get their accounts setup but there has to be a better way to start over from scratch and set them up with their own info, correct? I guess my questions are the following:

1) Is it easy to just setup new accounts for them and transfer all of their skins/winnings, etc. in Fortnite so they're not starting over from scratch?
2) What is the consensus best option for consoles? I plan on keeping the PS4 so that they can continue to play the games that are compatible for it and to play at the same time, so does it make more sense to get an Xbox or PS5 or does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.