ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Should I get a lawyer for an Accident?

FtBendHorn

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
My son was in an accident on Sunday at the intersection of Greenhouse Road and I10 in the Katy/Houston Area. We have full coverage along with uninsured motorist coverage so we shouldn't be exposed financially. I don't think there is much chance it's my kids fault based on the situation. I'm fairly certain that he had a green left turn arrow turned left the other driver turned right on red without stopping which caused the impact. The other folks in the accident jumped in an ambulance and and didn't provided any insurance information. They somehow have my insurance information but I don't have anything except the other drivers names. There were three vehicles involved and we only have driver names. My insurance adjuster sees like a slacker. He's not even take a statement from my son yet, but that is set for for today. He did inform me that the driver I believe caused the wreck is trying to file a claim and has also hired a lawyer. There is a camera that would have recorded the whole incident, but I can't figure out who actually owns it. I think that camera would be a slam dunk to winning the case if we could get access to the video. I'd like to make sure this doesn't go on my son's driving record because I'm fairly certain that it wasn't his fault. A constable arrived on the scene and said that he'd go to the hospital and gather the other drives information and share that with everyone but he's out and they are telling me that process could take 10 days.

Should I hire a lawyer or let the Insurance company do their thing since they're ultimately financially responsible for the accident. Our vehicle is most likely totaled and we're going to have some hospital bills from him being checked but worse case both should be covered by our uninsured motorist insurance. We're not the type of people that want to exploit an accident for financial gain. But I would like to keep the accident off my son's record and I'd love to get a copy of the traffic camera to keep the other driver from exploiting the situation.

Any advice from the lawyers on this board or others with experience with similar situations?

Reactions: superfamous
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News