ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stros win 106

UT baseball news:

14-inning exhibition on Sunday against Houston, won 18-5
  • Dylan Campbell is gonna be HUGE this year. Had a grand slam, drove in 6 and flexed speed in center and on the base paths.
  • TCU transfer Porter Brown hit for the cycle by the 6th inning and helps lock 2/3 of our outfield spots down.
  • USC transfer P Charlie Hurley tossed 3 scoreless. Could be a huge boost to a pitching staff looking to bounce back from an up and down 2022.
It’s definitely a retooling season and replacing Melendez, Stehly, etc. won’t be easy, but man I am excited to see how Pierce and co. retool this season.

Let me preface with the obvious, Tucker is awesome. With that being said, his batting routine bugs me for no real reason. Not sure why but it does.

After every single pitch he digs his back foot in a few times before covering it back up. Steps out, spits, rubs dirt on hands, strokes bat, touches tip of barrel then steps back in.
I think it's the dirt grab after every pitch that bugs me. 😆

Speaking of King Tuck, he's leading off in the 6th. Let's get HR 3!

Let me preface with the obvious, Tucker is awesome. With that being said, his batting routine bugs me for no real reason. Not sure why but it does.

After every single pitch he digs his back foot in a few times before covering it back up. Steps out, spits, rubs dirt on hands, strokes bat, touches tip of barrel then steps back in.
I think it's the dirt grab after every pitch that bugs me. 😆

Speaking of King Tuck, he's leading off in the 6th. Let's get HR 3!

That doesn't bother me as much as all of the gyrations that Luis Garcia goes through with all of the rocking back and forth. It's just a bunch of wasted motion. The pitching coach needs to work with him and get him out of that nonsense.

That doesn't bother me as much as all of the gyrations that Luis Garcia goes through with all of the rocking back and forth. It's just a bunch of wasted motion. The pitching coach needs to work with him and get him out of that nonsense.
Lots of superstitious players. You didn't know that doing the Cha Cha makes you throw harder? Pfft duhhhh 🙄

Ugh. Blow a 5 run lead JV? Need a rally.
I'm convinced-- God makes really awesome deals with really sh!tty contract stipulations.

JV in prayer at age 12-- "Dear Lord, please make me one of the best pitchers of my generation so I can win Cy Youngs and go to the Hall of Fame.
Amen
Oh, PS and can I marry a supermodel with REALLY BIG BOOBS also?"

God--- "Sure buddy. You can have all that.

Oh,

But you'll choke in every world series game you ever pitch in.
Enjoy the boobs!"

I'm convinced-- God makes really awesome deals with really sh!tty contract stipulations.

JV in prayer at age 12-- "Dear Lord, please make me one of the best pitchers of my generation so I can win Cy Youngs and go to the Hall of Fame.
Amen
Oh, PS and can I marry a supermodel with REALLY BIG BOOBS also?"

God--- "Sure buddy. You can have all that.

Oh,

But you'll choke in every world series game you ever pitch in.
Enjoy the boobs!"
Facts! He's sucked in October!

Is anyone else like me, not a big fan of the live interviews in the dugout in the middle of the game while teammates are batting?
Just doesn’t seem right, but whatever I guess.
How else are they supposed to get pretty ladies on camera like the NFL does?

Yeah, I'm with you. It feels out of place in baseball.

Reactions: Tired Horn
With the Eagles still undefeated and now the world series back in Philly since 2008 its going to be a horrible group of fans. Astros fans better be careful in Philly.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Haha! I thought it looked strange having the front window not tinted.
Trash fans are just in abundance in the East and West. All I see are fights with each other on youtube. I thought they could handle their alcohol but apparently not. Also seems they get triggered easily by a color on a jersey.

Well, they're still assholes.
Well that's good to know. And yes they're still assholes. my neighbor and friend is from Boston this man could be my father. We get along very well BUT he can be an asshole and I tell him F-U quite frequently. Now his in law which is Italian and loves tequila is an idiot asshole basically typical east coast trash. Both are boston natives but my neighbor has lived in Texas for more than half his life and served in the Army mostly stationed in Texas. He still has that annoying accent though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT