ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Black Panther Kinda Sucked

mm42

Feb 10, 2015
I was excited to see this movie, critics all loved it. After seeing it, I'd give it a C. Slow moving, predictable, unbelievable plot and meh all around. Not terrible, but average at the very best. No idea why the critics loved it so much.

Wondering what others thought.

I was excited to see this movie, critics all loved it. After seeing it, I'd give it a C. Slow moving, predictable, 'll wait unbelievable plot and meh all around. Not terrible, but average at the very best. No idea why the critics loved it so much.

Wondering what others thought.
I'll wait until it shows up on cable. I'm guessing the thought of a black superhero was first in their minds.

As a non comic book fan, but movie fan I am really burnt out on the superhero genre. I know it's a license to print money but the movies are stale. I'll probably pass until it hits a streaming service.

As a non comic book fan, but movie fan I am really burnt out on the superhero genre. I know it's a license to print money but the movies are stale. I'll probably pass until it hits a streaming service.
Isn't that the truth! Originality is missing in Hollywood.

Movies about people with super human powers that do well at the box office do so because people wish they were more than they are.

We are a very unhappy society.

I think superhero movies are the Iliad and the Odyssey of our time. People have aspired to power forever.

I haven't been to a movie theater in 15 years. The douche bags in hollywierd ruined it for me.

I read Marvel comics when I was a kid but I don't remember Black Panther. I thought it was a drama about the 60's activists When I heard about the movie I was wondering who was going to play Eldridge Cleaver.

I have no desire to see Black Panther. :rolleyes:

Saw Den of Thieves this week. Damn good movie.
I saw it as well. To me it was a reboot of HEAT and The Town, with more aggressive cops than Pacino played.

I read Marvel comics when I was a kid but I don't remember Black Panther. I thought it was a drama about the 60's activists When I heard about the movie I was wondering who was going to play Eldridge Cleaver.

Black Panther wad the first black super hero in the Marvel Universe. His first appearance was an issue of the Fantastic Four in 1966.

The main reason that these movies to well is because they target 2 groups: sci-fi junkies and kids ages 8-18.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9io-b9Uew

For those of you that haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. It's literally a pant pisser.

Here's a scene about black comic book heroes.

Enjoy.

Maybe I shouldn't have read the reviews. I was expecting something special. If I expected it to suck, maybe I would not have been disappointed.

The final straw for me was the Black Panther guy finally deciding to help the needy with his countries riches, then deciding California was the place to start to help needy kids. All I could think was why not Somalia, or Ethiopia, or the Sudan? Weird how the little things in a comic book movie seem so ridiculous, when you accept a guy drinking Panther juice and becoming the ultimate badass.

Well that's the place where his father killed his uncle. His uncle saw the injustice there which caused him to betray his country in order to "help ". The lie began there and the events that occurred there created the antagonist of the movie. In short thats where the movie began and ended. Due to symbolism.

The stuff I read said best Marvel movie or best super hero movie. My brother and cousin are into comic books and super hero stuff. Both of them said it was really good. I have a 5 month old, a 3 year old and a 10 year old. When I get to get out of the house it isn't to go watch a super hero movie. But I will probably rent it when it becomes available on Amazon Prime

Damn...... any of you mofo's ever hear of calling "spoiler alert" before you go to yackin?

:D

I haven't posted here in a while but I thought I'd add a little to this thread.
For those people sick of the super Hero genre and want something a little more cerebral there is a movie on Netflix called The Reader. I highly recommend it.

The only reason I saw it is because it was my wife's turn pick a movie and she is a huge Kate Winslet fan. Actually I think Kate won an Oscar for her part in this movie. The first part of the movie had me thinking it was nothing but a coming of age movie, but it surprised me by showing a little depth. Anyway, I liked it so much I actually bought it on Vudu.

Well that's the place where his father killed his uncle. His uncle saw the injustice there which caused him to betray his country in order to "help ". The lie began there and the events that occurred there created the antagonist of the movie. In short thats where the movie began and ended. Due to symbolism.

Plus Clooger, the director, grew up in the projects of Oakland.

I haven't been to a movie theater in 15 years. The douche bags in hollywierd ruined it for me.

Same here. Last Movie I went to was "Saving Private Ryan" which was based on about two pages of a book called "Band of Brothers" which we all saw on TV.

In the SPR landing sequence, it was rather exciting and had me gripping the arm rests. I was thinking "Get that machine gun... get that machine gun!" I later asked an old friend who was an Army Vet of The Normandy Landing if he had seen SPR and was it like the reality of D Day. His answer was, "In that movie, the landing sequence was about 12 minutes. Reality was that my beach that intensity went on for 12 hours..."

ADVERTISEMENT