ADVERTISEMENT

OT: This is awesome...can you make 112 yrs?

Depends on which side of the family I get my lifeline from.
Moms side, upper 90s to 106.
Dads side, have to survive a major heart attack before crossing 50. No joke.

That would give me 42 more years, and if I am still drinking whiskey and smoking cigars it would be ok.

Last edited:
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of a human being is zero percentile.

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of a human being is zero percentile.

Clob,

I worked in the Chem Plants in Pasadena for 35 years. My Dad passed at 64. Since he always was a more healthy weight than myself (6'@ ~170), during the bs sessions on Graveyards
( when Operators solve all the problems of the world between rounds to make sure the bomb outside does not become one) I always told others that I would probably not make retirement due to how soon Dad passed and the fact I was more heavy set.

My record weight, at 6'-2" was 336. My Wife said she knew she would not be able to push the Wheelchair I was headed for as she had tried to push one of my Sons ( my height , but a weight lifter at 220 ) or so up one of the crosswalks of one of the hospitals when he had a sprained ankle and a man had to help her get him up the grade.

My inner MARINE got insulted by what my Wife said, and in a few months, April to October, I lost 110# to 225. I then went to get two new fake knees. Later, as I got the kissoff from the Knee Mechanic, I asked the MARINE question,

"Ok Doc, can I run again, now?"

"NO!!!"

Disappointed, I asked "What can I do, then..." He said, "Power walking or bike riding don't have the joint shock factor of running. Do those."

I found and use an Orbitrek Eliptical machine for the cardio I was missing along with pushups, some resistance exercises for arms, and a thing I call "The SEAL Wheel" as, supposedly a SEAL invented it. That thing lights you up from the knees up all the way up to the hands as you extend fully over it.

I am doing the double 7s this year, weighing right at 200.

I advise you younger guys to get one of those flip and hang things - RIGHT NOW - to preserve your height by decompressing the back. I had thought of it, but got talked out of it and I've lost 2" of height . I am looking at stuff I used to look down at.

When I get blue about being an old useless, short MARINE, I go out on line and listen to USMC Running Chants and wish I was in the Platoon...1963.

I "won" the job of Platoon Chant with this rhyme..

"We don't want no Bend and Thrusts!!
All we want is a Greyhound Bus!!"

Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT