OT: Weird Porch Pirate moment

cmfuld

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2002
Dallas, TX
Yesterday, we kept getting notifications from Ring that there was movement on our porch. I was at work and my wife was occupied in the house and couldn’t get to the door. She asked me if I knew who was at the door and I didn’t so I let it go.

Today I got a chance to watch the videos.

At 1:50 FedEx delivered a package. We weren’t expecting anything
At 2:20, some guy shows up on the porch and rings the bell. He hangs out for 2-3 minutes and I have him on video making a phone call. He is asking some guy on the phone what he is supposed to do.

They guy tells him to take the package and then tells him that the package is addressed to me and tells the guy on the porch my name. The guy picks up the package and leaves.

So now I’m really confused. I called FedEx and they couldn’t give me any information unless I have tracking information, which I don’t. I pushed back hard and said you have to have address information somewhere, since you (FedEx) literately sent someone to my house to drop off a package. They claim they don’t have that information.

I called local police and talked to them, but they indicated that they can’t get any more information out of FedEx than I can.

I ordered a couple of things from Amazon over the weekend, but all the packages arrived. Anything my wife orders from Amazon or Walmart would be in her name. Called my mom and mother in law and they didn’t ship anything to us. So I don’t really think the package was for me, but why did it have my name on it?

So confused. Looking for any and all crazy ideas to track this down.

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.