OT: Wreck Lawsuit Question for the Lawyers

llinscomb

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2004
Red Oak
Quick question about a situation my son is in. He was in a wreck almost two years ago. We were served with lawsuit papers a couple weeks ago. They are making stuff up, but whatever. It was sent to the insurance, they are dealing with it with in-house attorneys. This past Friday, he was served with another lawsuit filing for the same wreck. I believe they are filed in different counties. Reading through the suits, they have contradictory statement of facts. In one, they claim, that they were "sitting" in traffic and my son made no attempt to swerve or otherwise avoid contact and hit the car. Neither of these things are true. In the second suit, they claim the car in front of them stopped causing him to come to abrupt stop and my son hit him and forced him into the car in front of him. In actuality, the kid in front of my son hit the lady in front of him and then my son hit him causing him to hit her again. The lady said she felt two hits, the car behind her hitting her, and then the second when my son hit the kid.

My main question is will the two different statement of facts that they filed work against them?

Thanks in advance.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.