OU football LB Danny Stutsman donates portion of NIL earnings to Sooners' walk-ons

oktexan

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2004
Edmond, Oklahoma

OU football LB Danny Stutsman donates portion of NIL earnings to Sooners' walk-ons

Portrait of Colton SulleyColton Sulley
The Oklahoman

NORMAN — Danny Stutsman stood at the lectern with a microphone in his hand inside the OU football team's meeting room.
The senior linebacker had a message for the Sooners' walk-on players.
"Obviously, there are days where you feel like your hard work doesn't get seen, doesn't get noticed," Stutsman said. "But it really does here at Oklahoma. Every day we appreciate your guys. This team would be nothing without you guys, I mean that from the bottom of my heart."
Stutsman told the group he has decided to donate a portion of his NIL earnings to them as appreciation for their hard work. After OU's meeting, Stutsman said a surprise would be waiting for each one of them in their lockers.

According to On3, Stutsman has an NIL valuation of $305,000. The Sooners' official X account said Stutsman donated a "large" amount.
Stutsman has led OU in tackles for the past two seasons, including when he recorded 104 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, three sacks, an interception and two forced fumbles in 2023.

"I just know how much you guys put into this program," Stutsman said. "And sometimes you think it's not seen but it is."

Reactions: srl

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.