ADVERTISEMENT

Our defense

hookem3206

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2004
I get the frustration because it was tough watching 3rd and longs being converted easily. However, the loss of Watts turned out to be Huge! Playing true freshmen against Hutchinson was a big mismatch and they got the majority of their offense attacking there. I sometimes wish we would have Jamison follow their top WR instead of playing his side only. I think we can improve on this and luckily we don’t face any player similar next week. Also the lack of inside penetration on passing downs killed us because we have typically been very good at it this year. Hopefully we bounce back on that this week. Our defense played OSU very well last year in 3 quarters with Bush, Brockermeyer, Schooler, Foster, and Thornton. We are better this year so let’s take the win and move on. We gave up only 21 points and had 2 big turnovers so there are some positives. This defense can play well and that typically happens in bigger games. Gundy loves to force the run which has helped us in past years. Let’s go 1-0 this week!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News