ADVERTISEMENT

ou's Parrish Cobb

utexfan5

Dec 21, 2001
TEXAS
Arrest warrants for former La Vega High School and current University of Oklahoma cornerback Parrish Cobb have been issued, charging him with aggravated robbery in Waco and Bellmead, authorities and Cobb’s lawyer confirmed Tuesday.

Cobb, 19, was named in the warrant identifying him as a suspect in a Jan. 10 Bellmead armed robbery, Cobb’s attorney, John Lewis said.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police...cle_8892ba58-59f0-5801-b03d-38755746a9d0.html

Arrest warrants for former La Vega High School and current University of Oklahoma cornerback Parrish Cobb have been issued, charging him with aggravated robbery in Waco and Bellmead, authorities and Cobb’s lawyer confirmed Tuesday.

Cobb, 19, was named in the warrant identifying him as a suspect in a Jan. 10 Bellmead armed robbery, Cobb’s attorney, John Lewis said.

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/police...cle_8892ba58-59f0-5801-b03d-38755746a9d0.html

Oh the irony of it all. Parrish Cobb originally committed to Baylor and when the Briles thing went down, PC's father told Mac Engel how angry he was at Art Briles for lying to him about the culture at Baylor. He told Engle that he was going to demand that Baylor release his so from his Baylor commit. Well they did and look at PC now.

Oh the irony of it all.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Well, at least he wasn't a member of an ou fraternity.

I'll bet ou dumps all the "disipline" they can on him to try to make up for the Mixon fiasco.

Serious question. I have no idea about the character of the 4 guys who committed to Baylor but ended up at UT. If Briles in fact had created this lawless culture at BU, and these guys, like Cobb initially committed to join that culture led by Briles - any concerns about a Cobb incident in Austin?

I would think that the 4 who ended up in Austin are watched a little bit different specifically for that fact alone. But from all accounts, the 4 that ended up at UT have been model citizens so far.

Didn't Cobb want to come to Texas, and his father wanted him to go to OU.

Oh the irony of it all. Parrish Cobb originally committed to Baylor and when the Briles thing went down, PC's father told Mac Engel how angry he was at Art Briles for lying to him about the culture at Baylor. He told Engle that he was going to demand that Baylor release his so from his Baylor commit. Well they did and look at PC now.

Oh the irony of it all.

I don't like to reply to my own replies but I wanted to add that this reflects more on Parrish Cobb's father than anything else. Imo, this isn't really about Baylor or OK. I know that sounds harsh I'm a father as well but after getting on his soapbox about Art Briles he deserves it.

Reactions: sandman slim
Because his father had his best interests at heart......aka dad knew the kid was a troublemaker and that Bob is soft with the discipline.
Whew, I'm glad to see you post jsto, I was starting to think you got deported or something, or maybe I was just hoping that?:D

Last edited:
Bell....where is my friend Fizzwilley? I hope all is well with him I have owed him a free pass for years now, but he never posted anything that pissed me off so I could let him spend it. The debt weighs heavy on me.

The next time yall are having your monthly dinner with Bullhorn or bullmarket, or whatever his name was could someone ask for me?.I even went on sooner scoop to look for him but no luck.

I was expecting the usual OU punishment for really egregious acts, suspended until the Texas game.

Times were different back then.
Joffrey-Baratheon-Claps-On-The-Throne-In-Game-Of-Thrones-Gif.gif

Yeah. Back in the old days of 2014, it was much more acceptable to pop a woman in the face to keep her in line. Thankfully, we have progressed as a society since that archaic time.:rolleyes:

It was never acceptable. I mean, if they thought it was acceptable, they could have just never suspended him in the first place and pretended like nothing happened, and who would have stopped them?

It was never acceptable. I mean, if they thought it was acceptable, they could have just never suspended him in the first place and pretended like nothing happened, and who would have stopped them?

According to your coach, he should have been kicked out of school.

According to your coach, he should have been kicked out of school.

Yep, I remember when he said that too. Hindsight is 20/20 Back on point- It was never acceptable and they punished him. If they accepted his behavior, they would have just acted like nothing happened and started him from day 1 like they intended when he signed.

Yep, I remember when he said that too. Hindsight is 20/20 Back on point- It was never acceptable and they punished him. If they accepted his behavior, they would have just acted like nothing happened and started him from day 1 like they intended when he signed.

Uncanny how the realization that the punishment should have resulted in him never being allowed to play corresponded with the rest of us getting to witness what he did. I'm sure that is just a coincidence.

Reactions: jsto60
Uncanny how the realization that the punishment should have resulted in him never being allowed to play corresponded with the rest of us getting to witness what he did. I'm sure that is just a coincidence.

Probably. He was a damn fine player. Wonder where he'll end up in the draft.

Sorry, but he wasn't going to start from day 1......over Perine.

You just spout that to act like a RS is punishment. Meanwhile thousands of kids a yr get the shirt without pending assault charges.

Sorry, but he wasn't going to start from day 1......over Perine.

You just spout that to act like a RS is punishment. Meanwhile thousands of kids a yr get the shirt without pending assault charges.

You say that as an OU fan, who follows OU recruitment? Now you're just being intellectually dishonest. Perine was a damn fine recruit, but he wasnt nearly the recruit Mixon was. Come on, #1 rb in the country, can also play wr and had about 50 offers, and he was the gem of the class. But he wasnt going to start over 4 star Perine who had 8 offers? Here's a little factoid- texas offered Mixon, didnt offer Perine. Even tx knew Mixon was better.

A redshirt would be punishment for a guy who absolutely without a doubt 100% was going to play and most likely start. Of course, he was also suspended, which is also a punishment for a guy, who, once again, was probably already the best player on the team before he even suited up. Its okay, you'll get over it. No big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT