ADVERTISEMENT

Part of me wonders what this offense looks like under Maalik

HotCheeto

A&M wore glow in the dark uniforms in the daytime
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
I love Quinn. He’s a very good QB. But… Sometimes I feel like he’s too conservative. Aside from his two early interceptions against OU he’s been relatively “mistake free” this season, and I’m starting to wonder how much of that is because he just doesn’t push the ball down field all that often.

Maalik does not seem timid at all and has an absolute rocket arm, so I wonder if explosive plays would come in greater numbers under an offense led by him. Would we be more prone to turnovers? That’s probably likely. But at some point you have to weigh the pros and cons of pushing the limits a little more, and it really feels like Quinn doesn’t like that approach at times.

Sometimes you just have to give your guys an opportunity to make a play. This isn’t even considering the fact that Maalik genuinely just seems like a guy that his teammates love playing with. It feels like he can get the most out of his guys in the rare occasions that he’s out there. Again, love Quinn and I’m not even sure the offense would be better under Maalik. Just thinking out loud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News