ADVERTISEMENT

Poor aggy!!!

I will take your money if you are willing that A&M doesn’t go 8-4 next year. I’m happy Spiller is moving in. Achane averages 6 yards a carry and Spiller receives 2 series to Achanes 1. We have 2 running backs behind Spikler that are better. Tight end there is a LOT of depth. OLine has been well recruited and will be fine. The defense has studs waiting. Elko might take a job but Jimbo would find a great coordinator if that is the case. Say what you want about Jimbo but that dude gets elite recruits and elite coaching staff.

You can't be serious that you're "happy Spiller is moving on"?! The guy is an NFL RB. Ever consider that Jimbo's offense is the liability and what is holding a&m back? I'm not arguing that a&m doesn't have talent, but your whole post screams "wait 'till next year", which is what aggy says every year at this time. Rinse and repeat. 8-4 is a&m's historical norm, give or take a win or loss here and there. Jimbo = Sumlin 2.0. Surely you don't believe that this guy is going to take a&m to the promised land.

Reactions: diadevic
You can't be serious that you're "happy Spiller is moving on"?! The guy is an NFL RB. Ever consider that Jimbo's offense is the liability and what is holding a&m back? I'm not arguing that a&m doesn't have talent, but your whole post screams "wait 'till next year", which is what aggy says every year at this time. Rinse and repeat. 8-4 is a&m's historical norm, give or take a win or loss here and there. Jimbo = Sumlin 2.0. Surely you don't believe that this guy is going to take a&m to the promised land.
I love Spiller and his attitude, but the guy started dancing too much this season and would not just hit the hole. Achane is a serious talent but got 1 series compared to Spillers 2. Achane was just flat out better.
I totally disagree with you about Jimbo being Sumlin 2.0. Manziel and Evans made Sumlin. Sumlin couldn’t make adjustments and was flat out awful. Jimbos offense I will agree is outdated but he has built it to match what he wants to do. He has his players in place. You could not have watched Calzada play and thought That was on Jimbo. You said in the beginning of the season how bad you thought Calzada work. Jimbo got a 9-1 season with Kellen Mond. I will agree with you that Jimbo needs to prove it here, but I truly believe he has the pieces. I’m not screaming wait until next year. I believed the year to do very well was this year but all bets were off when Calzada came in. He will have 2 good options at quarterback next year and no more excuses. Yes, I wish he would hire OC. We will agree on that.

I love Spiller and his attitude, but the guy started dancing too much this season and would not just hit the hole. Achane is a serious talent but got 1 series compared to Spillers 2. Achane was just flat out better.
I totally disagree with you about Jimbo being Sumlin 2.0. Manziel and Evans made Sumlin. Sumlin couldn’t make adjustments and was flat out awful. Jimbos offense I will agree is outdated but he has built it to match what he wants to do. He has his players in place. You could not have watched Calzada play and thought That was on Jimbo. You said in the beginning of the season how bad you thought Calzada work. Jimbo got a 9-1 season with Kellen Mond. I will agree with you that Jimbo needs to prove it here, but I truly believe he has the pieces. I’m not screaming wait until next year. I believed the year to do very well was this year but all bets were off when Calzada came in. He will have 2 good options at quarterback next year and no more excuses. Yes, I wish he would hire OC. We will agree on that.

Ok, so let's fast forward to next year. With what a&m is losing from this year's team, why are they going to be better than 8-4ish again? You guys are losing some pretty talented guys off of this years team. The QB situation won't be any better or worse than this season. If a&m has to start Weigman next year, that's not a good thing. I'm not seeing it.

Bama was down this year and I don't see a repeat of that going forward. LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss and MSU are going to be pretty salty. a&m will be good, but not great next year, IMO. Jimbo is a really good recruiter, but somewhat of an above average coach and is too stubborn to hire a quality OC because he thinks "he's the man". He talks a good game, but so far the results don't show up on the field. I think a&m has bought his bill of goods. Might want to lower your expectations and save yourself the aggravation of a&m and Jimbo not winning the west anytime soon.

Jimbo went 9-1 last year with a quarterback he groomed and got better each year. Jimbo needs a mobile quarterback to make his offense work. NO ONE feared Calzada to run and his offense was limited. He is starting to stack classes and this will be probably number 1 class. Potentially this could be the number 1 class of ALL TIME. This is building and that is what you have to do in the SEC. He is building the way he wants it to look like. Kellen Mond went 9-1. Let’s see what an average QB will do.
Jimbos best season was last year during covid when the sec was weak. Don’t think A&M beat a team with a winning record last year?

you’re going to give Jimbo credit for last year but not give him the blame for getting worse this year?

Jimbos best season was last year during covid when the sec was weak. Don’t think A&M beat a team with a winning record last year?

you’re going to give Jimbo credit for last year but not give him the blame for getting worse this year?
I’m just saying Calzada was really bad…really bad. Jimbo needs a mobile QB to help his running game. No one feared Calzada and the run. Defense kept them in. I watched every game twice and the receivers he missed was ridiculous. ridiculous. So, yes. I’m giving him a pass. I will not next year.

I’m just saying Calzada was really bad…really bad. Jimbo needs a mobile QB to help his running game. No one feared Calzada and the run. Defense kept them in. I watched every game twice and the receivers he missed was ridiculous. ridiculous. So, yes. I’m giving him a pass. I will not next year.
Calzada also beat bama. King looked really bad in the two games he played. 3 interceptions against Kent state then gets injured in the colorado game after a run. He is too small. Don’t think he’s the answer.

Ok, so let's fast forward to next year. With what a&m is losing from this year's team, why are they going to be better than 8-4ish again? You guys are losing some pretty talented guys off of this years team. The QB situation won't be any better or worse than this season. If a&m has to start Weigman next year, that's not a good thing. I'm not seeing it.

Bama was down this year and I don't see a repeat of that going forward. LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss and MSU are going to be pretty salty. a&m will be good, but not great next year, IMO. Jimbo is a really good recruiter, but somewhat of an above average coach and is too stubborn to hire a quality OC because he thinks "he's the man". He talks a good game, but so far the results don't show up on the field. I think a&m has bought his bill of goods. Might want to lower your expectations and save yourself the aggravation of a&m and Jimbo not winning the west anytime soon.
My opinion is they will be better at QB…WAY better. That’s how bad Calzada is. RB will be much better. Achane is a freaking stud and will finally get the reps he needs. Dude averaged 7 yards a carry with a 130 carries. OLine will be better. Receivers will be better. The thing that is different now is that they have depth…good depth. They are stacking classes and our secondary will be better. Linebackers will be better. D-Line we will lose a couple of big pieces but we ha e guys behind them that are really good. I totally agree that Jimbo needs an OC. BUT, he is building the mobile QB with a good O-line and stud running backs and good defense. Control the clock and that is his way. Boring…but effective. Next year there are no excuses. Period.

Calzada also beat bama. King looked really bad in the two games he played. 3 interceptions against Kent state then gets injured in the colorado game after a run. He is too small. Don’t think he’s the answer.
Only played 5.5 quarters. Played bad in the first half but played well in the second half. Didn’t get out of the first quarter against Colorado. He is far better than Calzada…saying that because of how bad Calzada is not how AWESOME King is, but I think King can win.

My opinion is they will be better at QB…WAY better. That’s how bad Calzada is. RB will be much better. Achane is a freaking stud and will finally get the reps he needs. Dude averaged 7 yards a carry with a 130 carries. OLine will be better. Receivers will be better. The thing that is different now is that they have depth…good depth. They are stacking classes and our secondary will be better. Linebackers will be better. D-Line we will lose a couple of big pieces but we ha e guys behind them that are really good. I totally agree that Jimbo needs an OC. BUT, he is building the mobile QB with a good O-line and stud running backs and good defense. Control the clock and that is his way. Boring…but effective. Next year there are no excuses. Period.
What about all those defensive starters you’re losing next year?

Let’s face it. Jimbos offense sucks. He needs to bring in an OC but he’s too stubborn to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT