ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Bama Visit Update on Jabbar Muhammad...

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001

Notes:

a. Plans to visit Oregon this week. That's still on. Do not discount the Ducks.

b. On his visit: “I was just impressed with everything there,” Muhammad told Tide Illustrated. “They have everything you need right in front of you. If you are someone who eats, sleeps and breathes football, it’s the place to be. I like Tuscaloosa. It’s kinda a small town, and I’m more laid, back so that was really nice as well.”

c. On what will make or break his decision: "“I’m just looking to find that place that’s going to be the best fit for me for my final eight or nine months,” Muhammad said. “Like I said before, stability is really big. I want to be around coaches who will understand my strengths and put me in the best position to reach the NFL. Then, obviously, I want to be in a program that can contend for that final 12 at the end of the season.”"

d. On Bama having other Washington players with him on the visit:
“Those are my guys, and it was good to see them and chop things up,” Muhammad said. “The season ended, and everything went so fast, so we didn’t really have a lot of time to talk. It was nice just catching back up with them and having a moment to talk about things.

“Obviously, it’s nice having friends on the team. I know those guys are excited, and I’m really happy for them. They are great players, and I know they’re going to do great things at Bama.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News