ADVERTISEMENT

Problem Apartment Tenant - Help Needed

UT Big Daddy

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2001
This one tenant of mine is a super stud UT student who kicks all sorts of butt at school and has never complained about anything with his apartment. However, he is a problem tenant because of his dad. This guy is barraging me with emails. Before I have a chance to respond to one issue, he emails me about another issue which includes a complaint about me having not responded to his issue from yesterday. Here is a sampling of the grievances. Now mind you, all of these things are addressed in the lease and there are 7 months remaining:

1) The neighbor has cats - This guy is complaining about a house across the street from our complex that has a pet cat. He says his son is allergic to cats and he's worried about him and he's demanding that I solve this problem.
2) Lighting in the mailbox area - The dad is complaining that his son, who is a big strong badass, has to get mail from a box that is not well lit. He is concerned about safety and wants to know what I plan to do about it.
3) Female neighbor sunbathes by pool - The dad is concerned that his son will be distracted from his studies by the girl next door, also a UT student and I think former cheerleader, sunbathing by the pool.
4) No dogs - His son had a dog in HS and he's worried that he'll get too homesick if he can't have a dog in college (yes, the lease says no pets).

I just don't know what to to with this guy. Hopefully he'll break the lease. I won't report this one to the credit bureaus because the son is such a badass, but man I need to rid myself of this nutty dad.

Edited: I told dad I’d work on the cat and ban sunbathing. He seemed happy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News