ADVERTISEMENT

Projected AP Top 25

txleapd

Sep 19, 2005
God's Country
A friend sent me a pic that shows the Horns projected at #5 in the AP poll.

I think the AP does stuff like this on purpose. They overrate teams so if they lose, the media has a splashy headline.

I don’t think they even actually watch the games or pay attention to the scores. It seems like their rankings are all based off the name of the program and what their current record is. This is why the coaches poll tends to be more accurate.

I love the Horns, but Top 5 they ain’t....
I’m hesitant to say that they’re even Top 10 right now. Low teens seems fair at most.

If the guys keep progressing, solid Top 10 next year.

A friend sent me a pic that shows the Horns projected at #5 in the AP poll.

I think the AP does stuff like this on purpose. They overrate teams so if they lose, the media has a splashy headline.

I don’t think they even actually watch the games or pay attention to the scores. It seems like their rankings are all based off the name of the program and what their current record is. This is why the coaches poll tends to be more accurate.

I love the Horns, but Top 5 they ain’t....
I’m hesitant to say that they’re even Top 10 right now. Low teens seems fair at most.

If the guys keep progressing, solid Top 10 next year.
I think we land at 6 with LSU taking the 5 spot. They took down a couple top teams pretty convincingly and deserve the hype.

They dominated a ranked team so I totally get it.

They also have one of those damn annoying "quality losses" to the Golden Domers on opening weekend. So that helps their case. Were at the halfway point of the season and were ranked 7th. I thought we'd be 6th today but I'll settle for 7th. Bring Back Roiyal hit it on the head when he called this the wasted decade for TX fb. So speaking for me after this so far shi**y decade I'm happy being 7th. One last thing. We can say to Hell with SC or OK I hope they keep on losing. No you don't you need them to finish strong it helps our NY6 bowl chances so you want them to win whether you like it or not. Now let's go heal up and get ready to go to Stillwater, OK in 2 weeks. We got a score to settle with that school that is not worthy enough to wear orange.

HookemHorns

#7 AP
#8 Coaches
That target that is always on the back of Texas players, the target that insures you always get that little extra when you play another team, just got a bit larger. It's hard playing with that target.

It's really hard playing with that target when you're ranked.

It's the "sword of Damocles" hard when you're ranked in the top 10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT