ADVERTISEMENT

PSA on Omnicron

nuufaola

Waiting for the wins to roll in.
Gold Member
Oct 11, 2005
Hawaii or NYC or ATX
Guys, this isn’t a political thread. I just want to give some real time info from a covid epicenter. By way of background for those of you that don’t know it, I had it in March of 2020 and I am triple vaxxed. I live in NY.

Our London office shut down a few days ago, and NY is about to send a memo for folks to not come in. Palo Alto never went back, but that is California for you…. Christmas parties last week went on as planned, there was one on Monday, and by Tues/Weds, they all got cancelled. I have never seen anything like it.

Anyway, between June and Thanksgiving, our firm we had breakthrough cases representing 2% of our workforce. All were vaxxed, and since it was NY I would say 25% of us had it anyway.

The very very alarming thing is that we have had 4% of our workforce get covid in the last week. 1% of our workforce got it today. In one day. And these people are generally careful.

NYU sent everyone home yesterday, Broadway started cancelling shows, and there is a bit of panic in the air.

I had a friend in Miami go to a dinner party (most were only double vaxxed as average age of such party was 35-40), and 10 of the 20 got it.

I would guess that it will start to hit the other big cities in the US in the next week.

So, be careful. I think we may all get this one. And I am bummed I might get covid twice. But, for those of you that read todays news, a cocktail of Moderna mixed with any other 2 shots appears to be the ”shot du jour”

I am headed out on a long flight right into a hot zone for Christmas.….

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News