ADVERTISEMENT

Puerto Rico

WhollyCow

Gruntled
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2007
What a weird place. I just returned from a week there. Here are a few observations.

1. All the slummy charm of a third world crumbled infrastructure but prices like Disney land. I mean seriously, if i'm going to smell sewer while i'm having dinner, i shouldn't pay $16 for a hamburger.
2. No attractive people at all. Everyone is overweight or has very misshaped figures/faces. It's like the whole island was beat with the ugly stick
3. Not even close to being a state, so let's stop all the BS talk about making then #51. They would instantly be looking way up at Mississippi in terms of every quality measure that we hold states up to.
4. Spanish. Yeah, i have no problem with the language but if you want to be integrated into US society how about we start learning english, its been 100 years so there's been time.
5. Natural beauty galore but way under utilized and the tourist spots that i was able to observe were pretty trashed out. Its like they have no pride or even the observational ability to notice that something looks like crap.
6. Flights to an from Florida were packed with people in wheelchairs. The whole jetway was full of pre-boarders. Its like some cultural concept to get a wheelchair and cut the line if it is at all possible
7. People drive like idiots. Traffic laws are merely suggestions.
8. Weather was great and the travel time to a tropical destination was reasonable but having been to other locations in the Caribbean it doesn't come close to measuring up.

Those that have been or are familiar, what am i missing here, did i overstate the defects without acknowledging the positives?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News