ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Herman.

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
Now that Herman is in the fold, does anyone know how he recruits? Is he going to be like Mack and take a lot of early guys or will he be more like Strong and evaluate them based on their senior year?

No clue, but he did have a fairly full class at UH (don't know how many they were planning on taking though).

Now that Herman is in the fold, does anyone know how he recruits? Is he going to be like Mack and take a lot of early guys or will he be more like Strong and evaluate them based on their senior year?
I have no idea, ive just heard when it comes to recruiting hes one of the best. Hopefully Brewster comes back too

It's got to be somewhere in the middle. Nobody can expect to close like Charlie did on a consistent basis. Even he would have had trouble as you eventually run out of the PT angle and youth movement angle. Then the other end of the spectrum was Mack only offering guys that would commit on the spot to inflate his offer to commit ratio

It's got to be somewhere in the middle. Nobody can expect to close like Charlie did on a consistent basis. Even he would have had trouble as you eventually run out of the PT angle and youth movement angle. Then the other end of the spectrum was Mack only offering guys that would commit on the spot to inflate his offer to commit ratio

That offer to commitment ratio was the biggest crock of crap in the world. We missed out on guys like Dez Bryant because Mack wouldn't offer unless they were willing to commit right then and there.

If all your going to do is stare at the hot girl because you are too chicken to ask her to dance, then you never deserved her to begin with.

In this regard I hope Tom Herman is more of a man than Mack was.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
That offer to commitment ratio was the biggest crock of crap in the world. We missed out on guys like Dez Bryant because Mack wouldn't offer unless they were willing to commit right then and there.

If all your going to do is stare at the hot girl because you are too chicken to ask her to dance, then you never deserved her to begin with.

No doubt, although I think Dez is a bad example. His grades were the biggest reason he wasn't recruited. Mack pioneered early recruiting at Texas. Some of it was great, but he took it to an unnecessary level.

Amen!

Hook'em

Dez didn't come to Texas because he didn't have the grades.

One of the sideline guys at ABC/ESPN is Tom Luginbill who's also a recruiting analyst. He must have said a million times this year that Tom Herman recruited the only 5* player at a non P5 school. A dt whose name escapes me. I do remember noticing the kid was a very good player. He also wanted to dominate the recruiting area in Houston and in two years he was doing great. Last year Houston was number 28 in recruiting rankings. Hey, if he can bring that kind of domination in Harris county to Travis county were going to be doing great.

Ed Oliver. Oliver went to Houston because of his brother and that's where he grew up. I am sure the program needed to be somewhat viable which TH had a hand in, but he didn't really have to do much there. He did land some other talented guys though, but the Oliver 5 star stuff is media sensationalism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT