ADVERTISEMENT

Question about Ketch

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
So, I know MM you're a stickler for talking about politics on this board, and I'm not about to....

However, I have a question regarding the emotionally charged twitter diatribe that Ketch went on the other day about the Florida school shooting and how he was challenging people to challenge him about it with threatening to ban them from (I suppose this site) his site, or sites.
I have been unable to find out what set the conversation off or what, for that matter, that set him off, and I was curious if the policy of not engaging in politics was his policy or yours.

I ask only because it seemed very out of character for someone who wants to focus on longhorn sports (which we love) to become marred in some radio, twitter, media political shouting match where threats were used. Any idea what set him (this) off?

Asking for a friend.....

clob, I was not aware of Ketch talking about this or his position on the Florida shooting. As far as board politics goes, its not my policy, but Orangebloods. Personally, I don't really care if politics are discussed on here or not. I'm just enforcing the board rules, which I am expected to do as a mod.

Reactions: Iitbhorn3
clob, I was not aware of Ketch talking about this or his position on the Florida shooting. As far as board politics goes, its not my policy, but Orangebloods. Personally, I don't really care if politics are discussed on here or not. I'm just enforcing the board rules, which I am expected to do as a mod.

Gotta earn that $50k yearly paycheck.

So, I know MM you're a stickler for talking about politics on this board, and I'm not about to....

However, I have a question regarding the emotionally charged twitter diatribe that Ketch went on the other day about the Florida school shooting and how he was challenging people to challenge him about it with threatening to ban them from (I suppose this site) his site, or sites.
I have been unable to find out what set the conversation off or what, for that matter, that set him off, and I was curious if the policy of not engaging in politics was his policy or yours.

I ask only because it seemed very out of character for someone who wants to focus on longhorn sports (which we love) to become marred in some radio, twitter, media political shouting match where threats were used. Any idea what set him (this) off?

Asking for a friend.....

It wasn't anything to do with the Texas Rivals.com site/orangebloods

It was his Twitter feed.

Lots of crazies feel emboldened to talk shit about high school kids who have just witnessed the murder of 17 of their classmates and teachers.

I think Ketch was, like many of us, finally just sick of it and saying, effectively, "if you want to criticize or talk shit about these MSD High School kids on my Twitter feed, OK, but I'm blocking you on Twitter."

It was on Twitter only.

Reactions: clob94
Lots of crazies feel emboldened to talk shit about high school kids who have just witnessed the murder of 17 of their classmates and teachers.

Not sure attacking the kids is the issue. The kids went from grieving young people to activists in a heartbeat. Their call for action while heartfelt I'm sure, has been sitting in a drawer waiting for a school to land. It just so happened it landed in Florida.

It will be packaged up and loaded onto trucks when the next tragedy occurs. Those kids will be front and center in the debate....and thus untouchable.

It's a genius strategy, it's like money laundering. These kids are being used as a front for something much more sinister.

That wasn't political was it?

I for one am glad you keep politics at bay. Everybody always gets pissed and align themselves with their political affiliation rather than Longhorn sports.

Remind me where I can find the board rules, please? I've looked and I cannot get to them. (I would say, "I cannot get up," but that wouldn't be true.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT