ADVERTISEMENT

Question for mods about ignore feature

Tyber

This land is our land.
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2007
Cypress Tomball
@Ketchum

Can rivals do something to improve the ignore feature?

I've ignored a few particularly vile posters, but I still sometimes see their replies to each other for some reason. It's like a double ignore removes the ignore.

Just as bad, I also still see their emoji responses to non ignored posts.

I've seen a particular ignored poster respond with the laugh emoji in response to a post about women and children being raped and murdered.

That kind of person does not belong on OB, or anywhere else in our society.

If ignore doesn't block them, mods need to take steps to remove them from the site.

Edit: Guys, I appreciate the humorous, if sophomoric, responses.

I love a good laugh, and I make fun of Karens and snowflakes as much as anyone. But sometimes you have to be serious and say something.

There are some truly sick people in the world. They give off signs and red flags, but everyone asks, "why didn't anyone notice or say something?"

If you were at a block party, and some neighbor mentioned the recent news about rape and murder of women and children (in front of their parents), and one of your other neighbors simply laughed about it... How would you respond? Shrug it off? Call them out? Join them in laughing.

I think it is too easy for weak men to hide behind a claim that the Internet is not the same as the real world.

We either behave as civilized human beings or we don't. OB should care if there's a sick individual among us.

Anyway, I've said what I think, so my conscience is clear.

Y'all carry on laughing, or get serious for a moment, whatever befits your personal character

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News