Question for network guys: PS5 & Google Fiber hardwired

Joey JoJo Jr Shabadoo

Known for paying gret attention to detail
Gold Member
Aug 17, 2017
Quick backstory: I've always had my PS5 hardwired to my router and have had great performance. I just completed a home renovation that I had to move out for, for about 5-weeks. As part of the renovation, I had them run the Ethernet cord under the new carpet so that it would be hidden, as opposed to previously when it was running over the carpet.

I moved out during the renovation, and where I ended up starting in that time had WiFi, so I connected my PlayStation up to that.

I just moved back in yesterday, and plug my PlayStation in to the Ethernet cord while setting-up my entertainment area. Even though it's hardwired in, I'm only getting ~90mbps down, ~80mbps up. I'm not tech savvy at all, but I tried tinkering with a few things and nothing improved it. I tested the speed at the router through the Google app, and both were over 1000mbps.

Does anyone have any trouble shooting ideas, or settings I can adjust? Is it possible if the carpet guys damaged the cord, that would cause a massive drop in performance, or is it more "pass/fail" in that it either works, or doesn't?

Thanks for any help.

7W8FeQ2.jpeg
vXgYa6s.jpeg
DbEfe7t.jpeg

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.