ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn ewers

I'm not sold on Ewers, but I think him coming helps us pull in some of these OL guys. If we can build the OL back then we don't need a superstar QB, just a good one. Imagine Sam if he had a decent OL. We could have won a ton more games and he wouldn't have been so beat up.
Sark will find the QB. I'm just glad to see nasty OL headed to the 40
We could have won more games if Sam had a better arm. As much as I loved Sam and his heart he just wasn't a great passer. He struggled with the deep ball big time. I feel like his arm was what held the offense back at times.

Ewers has that natural arm talent that you can't coach. His mechanics still need some work but those are fixable. Watching him the thing that stands out to me the most is under pressure he always keeps his eyes downfield.

Why do we have to crap on Casey and card? Hey, I started the thread, but Casey especially stuck it out when he didn't have to, and had some decent moments. May have played through a thumb injury. Whatever they choose, I don't blame them and i wish them luck

Manning isn't coming to Texas regardless of who is here. He's going to either Alabama or Mississippi.
With the OL haul Flood is pulling off Texas is going to be very attractive.

We are reportedly selling Flood’s group last year winning the Moore Award in contrast to Bama’s OL issues this year.

He comes in here and stinks it up-- and ima bury you with that post.

Self glossing sets you up for failure.
Does it make me bad to hope this happens just to see what Clob does? No disrespect 903, but I always enjoy Clobs "told you so" posts...........

whatever the result, Ewers has already paid a dividend in the OL haul we are getting. Might even help with the WR as well.

he very well may come in and stink it up. but it wont be because he put up a take me home to texas on an instagram. thats such an old man yelling to stay off his lawn its not funny.
its no different than the mac engel hit piece that he put out yesterday. https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article256547861.html
"Now, here is the problem: That kind of money changes people, and expectations. He better be good. Not good, but VY good."

There it is, right there.

I've got ZERO problem with a confident athlete. Heck I've got little to no problems with a cocky athlete. But self glossing isn't an "old man" vs "young man" thing. Deion Sanders self glossed--- and he backed it up 100%. Brian Bosworth self glossed too. Now he's the Sheriff of Fansville.......

In the history of self glossing, statistically, it doesn't end well. Now, you put some skins on the wall and you want to self gloss--- fine. You've earned it. Ewers has a lot of "potential".
But like the great Steve McMichael once told me "potential is just a fancy French word that means you ain't done sh!t yet."

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article256547861.html#storylink=cpy

Reactions: hookem777
Reactions: diadevic
"Now, here is the problem: That kind of money changes people, and expectations. He better be good. Not good, but VY good."

There it is, right there.

I've got ZERO problem with a confident athlete. Heck I've got little to no problems with a cocky athlete. But self glossing isn't an "old man" vs "young man" thing. Deion Sanders self glossed--- and he backed it up 100%. Brian Bosworth self glossed too. Now he's the Sheriff of Fansville.......

In the history of self glossing, statistically, it doesn't end well. Now, you put some skins on the wall and you want to self gloss--- fine. You've earned it. Ewers has a lot of "potential".
But like the great Steve McMichael once told me "potential is just a fancy French word that means you ain't done sh!t yet."

Read more at: https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article256547861.html#storylink=cpy
He will not live up to your expectations because your mind is already made up.

Reactions: weevilcatch

Dude , I'll say it then. Clob played for freaking Texas. TRUST ME HE WANTS US TO BE GOOD. I know he seems negative alot. But he like other fans know that JESUS Freaking CHRIST could sign with this team and I wouldn't be all "let's goooo". Until we see a mental change on the field with the team. Mentally we are weak. Mentally we beat ourselves. Mentally I won't give hyped until I see a team that deserves to be hyped. Bleed Burnt orange until I die but it is what it is.

He isn't bashing / or down playing the kid just to be negative i promise.

I hope as well as everyone that this recruiting class is a sign to come. But I sure as hell am not getting over excited just yet...

Dude , I'll say it then. Clob played for freaking Texas. TRUST ME HE WANTS US TO BE GOOD. I know he seems negative alot. But he like other fans know that JESUS Freaking CHRIST could sign with this team and I wouldn't be all "let's goooo". Until we see a mental change on the field with the team. Mentally we are weak. Mentally we beat ourselves. Mentally I won't give hyped until I see a team that deserves to be hyped. Bleed Burnt orange until I die but it is what it is.

I hope as well as everyone that this recruiting class is a sign to come. But I sure as hell am not getting over excited just yet...
Wasn’t Jesus Christ more a wishbone type of guy?

This coaching staff has spent most of their career recruiting and coaching the elite of the elite, and given the impact that worthy had right away that gives me hope that this coaching staff knows how to recruit the right guys and you are about to see a sea change here at Texas.

Reactions: Belldozer1
His arm strength already does. Kid can flat out smoke. I want him to throw for 4k 40 tds. If the kid handles his business and puts us in the double digit win category- he's got my vote.

Heavy lies the crown when you're the Texas QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT