ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn ewers

Oh Jesus H Christ..... we've got another self glossing social media whore showing up in Austin....

I've seen this movie before.
I don’t mind the pic at all. It has the state flag as a backdrop - sort of a patriotic theme. I’d rather have this than a Lambo in the background with the homeys and the honeys twerking on the hood.

Bell, it's not just Ewers. It's all of these highly rated players who are going to get NIL money like this. It's going to come down to the schools that get the top talent will have the best pool of NIL money to give to these kids and who will win big.

NIL is really bad for college sports and will divide the locker rooms. I get the fairness to the players and leveling things out somewhat. For years schools have profited off of players and the players have gotten nothing in return (at least above board), but this NIL is going to ruin college sports in the end.
MM....you make a great point. EVERY QB on every team is going to be getting some heavy NIL cash...and not all will handle it in a positive to the team way. The NFL has fo decades had to deal with some players making millions and some making way, way less. Ok, those guys are more mature.....or maybe not........old Chinese curse...."May you live in interesting times"

MM....you make a great point. EVERY QB on every team is going to be getting some heavy NIL cash...and not all will handle it in a positive to the team way. The NFL has fo decades had to deal with some players making millions and some making way, way less. Ok, those guys are more mature.....or maybe not........old Chinese curse...."May you live in interesting times"
I’m not too excited with where cfb is and headed.

I agree I thought it was kind of cool.
It was way cool, understated, and had an appropriate Texas theme. Much classier than my Twitter commitment announcement will be for my next career move . . . I'll be sporting a diamond encrusted grill in front of a Lambo, the honeys will be twerking all over the hood of the car, Snoop will be puffing on a blunt, and Money in the Grave by Drake will be the background music.

So, yeah, Texas fans . . . count your blessings.

That's the rumor.
Once a player has started its got to be hard to ride pine. There’s quite a few qb’s in the portal. I’m kind of surprised Riley doesn’t throw Rattler a bone out at USC especially since their senior to be qb just entered the portal

Last edited:
Everyone watch this video. This is how you throw the out route with a vapor trail.

Now I'm going to be overly critical-- he has a bit of a side arm release. He doesn't come 12 to 3 to release which means his balls are going to be easier to knock down at the LOS.
But you can't question his velocity.
That’s not overly critical, it’s a good point. I’m just hoping that quick release will offset it.

That’s not overly critical, it’s a good point. I’m just hoping that quick release will offset it.

That's easily fixable with coaching though. Lot's of good QB's have that kind of motion. Yes, he does need to get his elbow up and have a higher release point. It's obvious that the kid is very talented.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
That's easily fixable with coaching though. Lot's of good QB's have that kind of motion. Yes, he does need to get his elbow up and have a higher release point. It's obvious that the kid is very talented.
The first few throws he seemed to be just flinging it out there without regard to footwork or throwing mechanics - reminded me of a second baseman flinging it to the first baseman coming off the bag on a double play ball. If you watch the second to last throw, his footwork and throwing motion were a bit better. Not great, just better. Makes me wonder if he was just playing around during that session. It certainly showed off his arm strength.

Fair point. The OL is one of the worst in CFB. Rumor is they're both going to hit the portal.
I can understand Card transferring since he has up to 3 years of eligibility. Thompson only has one season if I’m not mistaken. He would be better off sticking around and being the veteran presence that we’ll need. I don’t see him having a professional football career. Perhaps Sark can groom him for a future graduate assistant role if he wants to get into coaching.

Reactions: westx
I think it’s unfair to judge Thompson and Card behind our garbage OL. If the line doesn’t get better, Quinn will look just like them.
While they were pretty bad I seen plenty of time where both had clean pockets and just flat out missed throws. Card had a tendency to hold onto the ball to long. Not all sacks are on the offensive line.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Would Arch even think about coming now with Ewers and Murphy? I hope Murphy doesn't reconsider at this point. I love that guy.

Would Arch even think about coming now with Ewers and Murphy? I hope Murphy doesn't reconsider at this point. I love that guy.
I doubt it impacts arch much. Quinn if he’s as good as we think is gone after the 2023 season anyway.

Reactions: DrHorn98
Murphy is not worried about it at all. He’s already established a relationship with Quinn, and he’s good with Quinn coming in with him. I think he understands that he’s more of a future project, while Quinn is more ready to play right away.

Reactions: DrinkToIt

Manning isn't coming to Texas regardless of who is here. He's going to either Alabama or Mississippi.

Manning isn't coming to Texas regardless of who is here. He's going to either Alabama or Mississippi.
I think Kiffin will have to still be at Ole Miss for manning to ultimately end up there. He might end up at Bama, but Saban is getting around that age where you have to legit wonder how long he’s gonna coach.

Reactions: dfechtman
From what I’m hearing he likes Texas a lot. Sark’s relationship with the Manning’s is pretty strong and goes back pretty far.

I'm not sold on Ewers, but I think him coming helps us pull in some of these OL guys. If we can build the OL back then we don't need a superstar QB, just a good one. Imagine Sam if he had a decent OL. We could have won a ton more games and he wouldn't have been so beat up.
Sark will find the QB. I'm just glad to see nasty OL headed to the 40

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT