ADVERTISEMENT

Quit Making Hudson Card the Scapegoat

Nash Talks Texas

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2018
Edit: before you read further and get all upset, after a full re-watch it was clear Casey had more confidence in the pocket so he deserves the start.

Up to the second half Card hasn't done anything wrong outside of scrambling once when he should have passed and throwing a slightly off-course ball to Jordan Whittington for a TD that was dropped. Originally in-game I wanted Sark to go to Casey in the 2nd Q and thought Casey should get the start.

We're making Card the scapegoat for the same issues that caused us to lose vs. Arkansas.

If Casey was the QB
-Jordan still would have dropped a crucial 3rd down pass
-the OL still would have let a 3-man rush force him out of the pocket
-Bijan still would have been hit behind the LOS on runs
-Dicker still would have missed the Field Goal and fumbled the snap on punt

The only changes are he runs slightly better and has a little less arm talent. You can't throw a better ball then Card so if guys aren't catching that ball (J Whitt/Brewer), they aren't catching anything else. Maybe it opens up more running for Bijan.

I think Casey is more than capable but I agree with Sark in that Hudson showed nothing in the first half that deserved to get him pulled, the TEAM played piss poor in the first half.

If Card went out there and threw INT after INT and fumbled the ball I'd agree with y'all.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News