ADVERTISEMENT

Rain related recharging our groundwater / springs / creeks

15-14

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I live in Kerrville and my sister and I take my 89 yo mother with dementia driving every afternoon.
She is happy and funny, and thinks this is the most beautiful area in the world. Sister and I whisper below her hearing level, "well you have been to Switzerland twice..."
Anyway, we have gotten rains that have greened things up and filled creeks, only to see the creeks dry back up in a coupla days. The river rises, then goes back to looking drouth low also. I assume this is due to depletion of groundwater, and the rivers and creeks are not receiving steady flow from springs?
Sister has been saying we need a tropical depression to dump some serious rain for a few days. Maybe that will recharge the groundwater?
For those that know / can speculate, what do we need to get back to flowing creeks and rivers?
I graduated from Medina HS in 1977, and we enjoyed a thriving river, swimming in plenty of flowing, clear water. Seems the Medina goes dry most of the time these days, despite the rains we receive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News